Current Cruise Director & Activities Manager List

On 1/23/2019 at 4:00 AM, Joe01 said:

Jeff joined Liberty 3 days ago so I'm guessing he won't go to Oasis so soon.

any feed back on Jeff Arpin?   we are cruising in LoS in 90 days.  our group of 8 is planning on hamming it up for the  70's party and saw he doesn't participate.  General consensus between a few of the forums is most who've had him as CD aren't looking forward to him coming back.   I hope it won't be a total flop

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/28/2019 at 11:00 AM, Todd W said:

any feed back on Jeff Arpin?   we are cruising in LoS in 90 days.  our group of 8 is planning on hamming it up for the  70's party and saw he doesn't participate.  General consensus between a few of the forums is most who've had him as CD aren't looking forward to him coming back.   I hope it won't be a total flop

Jeff was on the LOS in April on 2017 when I went. I liked him.

On 18 February 2019 at 4:23 AM, Lovetocruise2002 said:

What is he like?

And what happened to Michele??

He's very high energy. 

As for Michele, I think this is when he was scheduled to go on vacation in the first place. He probably has to take some time off before joining a ship in Europe this summer (likely Oasis).

Given the number of changes, I guess we'll only know who is the CD when you are onboard. It's ironic that I already know the CD for July (finally getting to sail with Marc :1_grinning:but March still looks uncertain. 

13 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Dennis (can’t remember his last name.  I think maybe it’s Charles ?) is the CD on Anthem, currently.  Ok except for a kind of “stolen valor” issue.  One of his claims of being a Veteran is an absolute lie so he’s not sitting too well with Dan. But he’s an ok CD.

How do you know that he lied about being a veteran? Was he meaning military or a Royal Caribbean veteran? He is definitely the latter.

24 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Dennis (can’t remember his last name.  I think maybe it’s Charles ?) is the CD on Anthem, currently.  Ok except for a kind of “stolen valor” issue.  One of his claims of being a Veteran is an absolute lie so he’s not sitting too well with Dan. But he’s an ok CD.

I liked Dennis Charles.  Don't recall him making any statements about service.  That's not cool.  

If the top tier is in Two70° and they play the video with the Royal fleet slowly appearing chronologically Dennis does the best job announcing that.  Saw Nick Weir try to do it once and it wasn't the same as when Dennis announces it.   That video was originally created for a board meeting on Ovation a few years back.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/9/2019 at 5:07 PM, Joe01 said:

Bobby is headed to Spectrum. Simeon is filling in on SY this week only and Abe returns next week.

We had Simeon.  There were a couple days in the middle we didn't see him (guess it depends what shows/activities you attend) but he was great.  Very funny happy guy.

Just now, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Tagging @Matt

I thought it was still Assata?

Per the CC AM list (although I do doubt it's accuracy), Assata seems to have been onboard since August so she is well overdue her vacation. I thought she was only temporarily filling in as CD.

On ‎9‎/‎1‎/‎2016 at 3:58 PM, CruiseLifeRick said:

Hello All,

I wanted to see if we could commence a running Cruise Director and Activities Manager list here on the Royal Caribbean Blog Boards.   As many of you know, the Cruise Director can be very influential in providing a fun and interactive experience while on a cruise and for this reason the question is often asked "who will be the cruise director on my sailing?" However, as with any position of importance, the Cruise Director also enlists the assistance of his or her Activities Manager to host a number of events throughout a sailing (e.g. trivia, bingo, karaoke, etc...).  Therefore, I would also like to keep the list updated with the current Activities Managers whom many of us develop strong relationships with based on our varying degrees of participation in ship events. 

While I know there are similar lists maintained elsewhere on the internet, my desire is to provide an easily accessed (thanks in part to the long-term edit function of these boards) and more user friendly document than what currently exists.  In addition to receiving regular updates from the fantastic blog community that fill these boards with Royal Caribbean knowledge everyday, I also hope to leverage Kat's evergrowing Periscope community to obtain real time and accurate updates as to who holds these very important positions throughout the Royal Caribbean fleet.   Below is my first stab at a draft of the list based on information I was able to retrieve from various social media and online content.  As you can see, there are some blanks, which I am sure many of you will be able to assist with filling in.  Please feel free to respond here with any list updates or any comments as to the format or layout of the document.

I would like to thank all of you in advance for any assistance you can provide with making this list a useful resource for Royal Caribbean cruisers.

28960224574_ed5cae0f72_b.jpg

Is there an UPDATE to this LIST?  I am looking for the information for the Allure of the Seas

Just now, VinceC said:

Thanks for the Quick reply....  By the way, do you happen to know who the Activities Director is going to be?

Not yet, there's usually less info available about AM's. Flavio is currently on AL but leaves in July. 

1 minute ago, Joe01 said:

Not yet, there's usually less info available about AM's. Flavio is currently on AL but leaves in July. 

Do they ever put out a listing that can be referenced or is there any special way of getting this information direct?

Just now, VinceC said:

Do they ever put out a listing that can be referenced or is there any special way of getting this information direct?

They don't publish it, there are lists maintained on CC with info coming from cruisers or CD's themselves. You can try Royal on Twitter or Facebook Messenger, but they won't have an answer for August.

5 minutes ago, Catherine said:

Does that mean it won’t be Joff on Independence this summer?

I'm afraid so. Not a good decision since Joff has quite a large fanbase in the UK market and it's not the same Indy without him.

Hopefully Jamie will be just as good for the UK market. Having read Indy reviews, Brits are often critical of CD's not named Joff.

CRUISE DIRECTOR UPDATE:

• Adventure - Ken Jones from early January then Drew Devine (unsure of handover date).
  • Allure - Mitch Merucci from February 24 until April 21, then Jimmy Rhodes returns April 21 for 4 months and again in October for 4 months (fill from mid Aug to mid Oct currently unknown).
  • Anthem - Dennis Charles until May 4, then Mitch Merucci May 4 until July 13 and again from September 7 until January 5, 2020 (fill in from July 13 - September 7 unknown).
  • Brilliance - Enzo Matijaca from mid February until late April.
  • Empress - Elvis Pinto began March 3 for 4 months.
  • Enchantment - Susan Adams returned March 4 for 2 months, then Bobby Broughton returns April 29 for 4 months.
  • Explorer - Graham Seymour returned March 29 until mid July, then Clo O'Connor mid-July for 4 months.
  • Freedom - Patricio Honores started February 24 (for 4 months?)
  • Grandeur - John Blair started February 23 until June 13, and will return from August 8 until November 30. (Fill in from June 13 - August 8 unknown).
  • Harmony - Marc Walker returned March 29 until mid-July and will return mid-September. (Dennis Charles rumoured to be covering Marc's break - needs confirmation as info comes from unreliable source).
  • Independence - Dan Whitney took over mid-March. Jamie Fentiman returns in May for the Southampton season.
  • Jewel - Andrea Olivieri returned March 13 (for 2 months?) - Simona will likely return in May for the Italian season, but this needs confirmation.
  • Liberty - Jeff Arpin returned mid February until April 28, then Brian Leavitt (new CD) takes over April 28 until August 11.
  • Mariner - Assata Young-Mayers until April 1. (Replacement unknown).
  • Majesty - Tanya Yates Tongue took over January 14 until April 29.
  • Navigator - Hugo Arenas took over March 1 (for 4 months?).
  • Oasis - Mike Hunnerup took over January 20 thru the TA in May. (Will Michele Scarpato take over for the Europe season?)
  • Ovation - Joff Eaton returned November 30 until April 17, then Chris Brown will cover Joff's break from April 17 until mid-June. Joff returns mid-June.
  • Quantum - Current CD unknown.
  • Radiance - Cuddy Cudworth returned January 14 (for 4 months?).
  • Rhapsody - Bill Brunkhorst started January 12 (for 4 months?).
  • Serenade - Carly Boileau returned late January until sometime in April/May.
  • Spectrum - Bobby Brown & Gordon Whatman will be the inaugural CD's.
  • Symphony - Current CD unknown - Abe Hughes left March 30. Mike Szwajkowski is expected to join May 4.
  • Vision - Cecy del Razo took over March 2 (for 2 or 4 months?).
  • Voyager - Current CD unknown - Michelle Oliveira signed off late March.