Four vaccinated, two unvaccinated passengers test positive for COVID on Royal Caribbean ship

12 minutes ago, 12thman said:

Just for reference here's the cost of long distance transportation not same as Jet ICU but probably comparable. I'd guess the flight was around $7K to 9K.

https://www.flyingangels.com/how-much-does-long-distance-medical-transport-cost/

That's really a whole different animal. They primarily use commercial flights, not a private jet fleet.

3 hours ago, CruiseGus said:

I believe that Carnival is only testing the <5% of children before that board.  I occasionally sail with them so i have sorta keep my ear to what gets posted.  I do know that their sailing pictures show no masks on any passenger indoors.

‘It sounds like Royal would save themselves a lot of bad publicity and their passengers a lot of trouble if they’d just require all passengers 12 and up ….. even leaving out of Florida ….. to be vaccinated just like Carnival is doing ….. Carnival doesn’t seem to be getting harassed by our state for ignoring the vaccine passport ban either  ….. and it would make it a much better cruise for everyone on board not having to be masked and tested during the cruise with the chance to be thrown off the ship as well.

1 hour ago, ChrisK2793 said:

‘It sounds like Royal would save themselves a lot of bad publicity and their passengers a lot of trouble if they’d just require all passengers 12 and up ….. even leaving out of Florida ….. to be vaccinated just like Carnival is doing ….. Carnival doesn’t seem to be getting harassed by our state for ignoring the vaccine passport ban either  ….. and it would make it a much better cruise for everyone on board not having to be masked and tested during the cruise with the chance to be thrown off the ship as well.

Carnival though is accepting unvaccinated just like Royal is. Same testing requirements, “bubble” excursions, travel insurance etc. 

The difference though is they are controlling unvaccinated and keeping it to 5%. It’s not guaranteed you can sail. 

34 minutes ago, Jill said:

Carnival though is accepting unvaccinated just like Royal is. Same testing requirements, “bubble” excursions, travel insurance etc. 

The difference though is they are controlling unvaccinated and keeping it to 5%. It’s not guaranteed you can sail. 

And to date i have not heard of them using any of those exemptions for adults, only children under 12 and rumor is they only issue 4% or a little over to account for no shows of the vaxed

12 minutes ago, CruiseGus said:

And to date i have not heard of them using any of those exemptions for adults, only children under 12 and rumor is they only issue 4% or a little over to account for no shows of the vaxed

That’s what I figured. No guarantee. I wonder how that’s sitting with their unvaccinated fans? 

My honest opinion is that right now…..ships should be all vaccinated nut as we just saw with Adventure, you still get cases. Let’s all just pray Delta burns itself out, fast! 

17 hours ago, Jill said:

That’s what I figured. No guarantee. I wonder how that’s sitting with their unvaccinated fans? 

My honest opinion is that right now…..ships should be all vaccinated nut as we just saw with Adventure, you still get cases. Let’s all just pray Delta burns itself out, fast! 

the general feeling I get from my reading on CC  and FB is a that most think it is the best thing since sliced bread.  I also think that much of that is because there are no masks anywhere and no other restriction, it is pretty much cruising as normal.  Masks at terminal to embark/debark and when restriction on ports of call, then most just say they'll stay on board.

Again just the impression I'm getting from what I read

• 3 weeks later...

So I get a voicemail from RC's Post Cruise Relations dept, presumably to follow up about our quarantine experience. Great, I call back and expect to get a prompt to enter the extension the agent left for me.

Nope, no option on any of the menus to enter an extension. Just "please hold for the next available operator".  *sigh*

I was able to dial the number with extension on my cell phone, and while it got to someone else's desk not the person who called me, but I was able to get right through to a human without any hold times!

Gotta remember that trick. Though in hindsight the numbers of the extension just were probably clicks into whatever menu options matched those numbers. Oh well

On 8/18/2021 at 2:54 PM, smokeybandit said:

So I get a voicemail from RC's Post Cruise Relations dept, presumably to follow up about our quarantine experience. Great, I call back and expect to get a prompt to enter the extension the agent left for me.

Nope, no option on any of the menus to enter an extension. Just "please hold for the next available operator".  *sigh*

I get the impression from other numbers I have that a huge number of Royal Caribbean's North American employees are reachable via 1-800-327-2056 x8nnnn.