Can anyone clarify the cruise with confidence rules?

• The Cruise with Confidence program covers bookings that are booked on or before August 31st, 2021, that set sail on or before April 30th, 2022.

• Future Cruise Credits are valid to book by April 30th, 2022 and sail by September 30th, 2022.

Why can't these dates just be extended through the end of 2022 just to keep it simple?  I tried to change a cruise date currently booked the first week of October 2022 ---I would like the exact same cruise but one week sooner in September 2022. I was told there would be a $200 change fee.  However, I could cancel the cruise and get a 100% future cruise credit and then use the FCC to book the new cruise and there would be no change fee.  I wasn't sure what to do so I left everything the same.

Has cruise with confidence been extended?  I was trying to make the above change before the July 31st deadline so it would seem that I have another month to think about it.

1 hour ago, Dad2Cue said:

Has cruise with confidence been extended?  I was trying to make the above change before the July 31st deadline so it would seem that I have another month to think about it.

Yes, they extended it last week

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2021/07/27/royal-caribbean-extends-ability-cancel-cruise-credit-until-august-31-2021

4 hours ago, Matt said:

When will they extend the expiration date on a FCC?  I already have two future cruise credits to use so I don't want any more.  As this covid fiasco continues, the window for using the FCC is shrinking.  I personally think Cruise with Confidence should be extended to the end of 2021.  The expiration date on a FCC should be extended to the end of 2022 so it coincides with the double point promotion. All these dates and new deadlines are hard to keep track of.  

Maybe Royal will read this.

4 hours ago, Baked Alaska said:

Have you bounced this off a TA? RCG is not consistent at all in following their own booking protocols. Heck, my TA @Sharla sees one amount due online and then another amount due on my booking confirmation. I will NEVER booked a cruise without my TA!

My stuff isn't too complicated or lucrative for a TA.  Also, I wouldn't want to create any additional burden for a TA.  Maybe I shouldn't think of it that way. However, I have experienced enough hassle to know there is no way I would ever want to be a TA.  I can't imagine what hassles a TA must be experiencing dealing with Royal and their clients.  I know that I couldn't handle being caught in the middle like that. 

TAs must be earning every cent they make so I will praise them for all they do.