Fountain soda no longer included in alcohol packages?

JBC

So I was browsing the RC website, and on their flyer for beverage packages, the souvenir coca-cola cup is only listed under the royal replenish and royal refreshment packages, not the ones with alcohol (flyer attached).  In the FAQ's on RC's website, I found this:

Q:  Can I use the Coca-Cola Freestyle machines with the all inclusive beverage packages? s.gif A:  No. The Coca-Cola Freestyle machines require the Coca-Cola souvenir cup to operate. Souvenir glassware is excluded from the all inclusive beverage packages.

beverage-flyer-cruise-planner-v41.pdf

If I'm not mistaken (and I certainly COULD be as I have never purchased a drink package of any kind), the only alcohol beverage package that includes soft drinks (and juices, coffee, etc.) is the Ultimate Package.  So there is (and always has been) 1 alcohol package that DOES include soft drinks and a couple of others that do not.

If I'm not mistaken (and I certainly COULD be as I have never purchased a drink package of any kind), the only alcohol beverage package that includes soft drinks (and juices, coffee, etc.) is the Ultimate Package.  So there is (and always has been) 1 alcohol package that DOES include soft drinks and a couple of others that do not.

Sorry, I posted before I could finish my thought.  According to the flyer and FAQ, even if I buy the ultimate (most expensive) alcohol package, it doesn't include the freestyle machines.  Would I have to also buy one of the non-alcohol packages on top of it?  Seems ridiculous to me, and I could have swore that the alcohol packages all included fountain soda.  Anyone have any thoughts or info on this?

I emailed the question to Royal.  The cup is still pictured on the flyer in the windows for all of the packages (select, premium and ultimate).  Would make no sense for one single person to to have to puchase more than one drink package.  The response in their FAQs is what is bothering me.  

In the attached flyer, you'll notice that the refillable cups are pictured for both the Premium and Ultimate packages.  I think Matt may be correct here and they were trying to simplify the presentation.  However, by including juice and coffee/tea, but not sodas, they actually made it more complicated.

In the attached flyer, you'll notice that the refillable cups are pictured for both the Premium and Ultimate packages.  I think Matt may be correct here and they were trying to simplify the presentation.  However, by including juice and coffee/tea, but not sodas, they actually made it more complicated.

Over the last few months, I've noticed a discernible effort to simplify policies/programs and the drink packages have been at the top of that list.  Given how many questions this site gets about them, clearly guests are not understanding how the program works.