Water depth - floating cabinas

I just got an interesting email from the Private Journey CSR.  It is for our 1-23-22 OA cruise where we are in Star Class.  She is offering different categories of cabanas for our visit to PDCC.  Odd that I receive an offer for this sailing as I have 2 SC sailings before this one…

Why would I need Private Journeys to secure a cabana at PDCC ?  Can’t anyone just book a cabana through the cruise planner ?  At these prices I can’t believe they are selling out super quickly.  Maybe they are…

I am not interested in a cabana in January in the Bahamas.  It’s much too cold in Jan. for me to make it enjoyable plus the prices are very high…so no thanks. I actually had a floating cabana at the beach club booked at a MUCH lower price a number of months back but cancelled when I thought about it…too cold for me in Jan.

1 hour ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Why would I need Private Journeys to secure a cabana at PDCC ?  Can’t anyone just book a cabana through the cruise planner ?  At these prices I can’t believe they are selling out super quickly.  Maybe they are…

Next March during spring break the floating cabanas have been sold out for months.  

I had one back in Feb last year.

There were spots i could touch the bottom and spots i couldn't. Even when i could touch the bottom it was not by much,  I'm 5'11. Guessing levels would play a pretty big roll in that. The cabana location would probably play a roll in that too, some are closer to shore.

On 7/29/2021 at 1:51 PM, SmoothJ24 said:

Does anyone know the average water depth for the floating cabinas? 

The tide goes in and out quite a bit when you are in the floating cabanas. When we first got there I could stand and I am 5’ 7” tall. By the afternoon there was no way I could touch the bottom. The sting ray photo was taken in the afternoon. You WILL want water shoes because the bottom is vey soft mud-like. Also, there are sea creatures on the bottom that you do not want to step on. We had Cabana #20.

CDD8B25B-FA1F-4DA5-A070-F92F055BA903.jpeg

D12E1CC2-1978-4370-B55D-FA3E1767A895.jpeg

On 7/29/2021 at 1:51 PM, SmoothJ24 said:

Does anyone know the average water depth for the floating cabinas? 

There are cabanas on the other side near the pool and beach cabanas (#10) that are right by a nice clean sand bar. We had a Beach cabana and could swim out and stand on the sandbar. Cabana 10 is right next to it.  The water was about 4” in the morning then 2-3 feet in the afternoon. Nice! If you are in a suite you CAN request certain cabanas ahead of time with the concierge. Ours was amazing!

Location of Cabana 10 by sandbar;97DD9325-A7D1-4C68-B3A4-F4E5632A7CB4.thumb.jpeg.ae78f1e5a79e62ff8775b33cd5e68e42.jpeg

Photos of sandbar;

F1D68E70-398C-458B-92F0-8FC9EA5905C6.jpeg

369ADF1C-3AAF-4BDA-9C9D-58E924946A9E.jpeg