Oasis UDP preferences?

Neesa

3 hours ago, Neesa said:

If you had the UDP on a 7 night sailing, what would your selections look like? 

Boarding day lunch at Portside BBQ.  First night dinner at Playmakers.  Keeping it a casual day.

First sea day lunch, Izumi sushi.  Pre-dinner stop off at Izumi for to-go sushi for a later snack before going to dinner at CP150.

Port day...late lunch when getting back on the ship at Johnny Rockets.  Dinner at Giovannis.

Port day...lunch at Johnny Rockets, dinner at Chops.

Port day but make it a sea day...dinner at Izumi hibachi..lunch at WJ since most other things were closed.  Swing by Playmakers on the way to the aquatheater show for a snack for the show.

Sea day..Izumi sushi lunch again and try Portside BBQ for dinner along with a trip to Chops for a late evening steak.

Sea day...probably fooded out by now, so try some of the free stuff here and there (doghouse, El Loco Fresh) and top it off with a WJ dinner..just because I CAN with the UDP, doesn't mean I MUST ? 

@AshleyDillo YES! That was exactly what I was looking for! I didn't even realize Playmakers and Rockets were included! We tended to be at CK most nights with WJ thrown in for good measure. Now we are about to experience the UDP (I think) and was trying to visualize it. I am highly allergic to shellfish (so so so sad, I wasn't always.) Is the Chef Table out for us? I am looking at itinerary and trying not to indulge to rich the evening before I have to wiggle, squeeze & scream into my bathing suit. We did Izumi Hibachi once, wasn't impressed but we really think it was just an off night as the place was packed and loud as heck we surmise lots of Ultimate Drink packages also there that evening, LOL! Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!!

1 hour ago, Neesa said:

I am highly allergic to shellfish (so so so sad, I wasn't always. Is the Chef Table out for us?

I'm sure with advanced notice menu accommodations could be made to omit shellfish.

Keep in mind Chef's Table isn't covered with any dining packages. Izumi Hibachi might have a $10 surcharge.

33 minutes ago, CGTLH said:

I'm sure with advanced notice menu accommodations could be made to omit shellfish.

Keep in mind Chef's Table isn't covered with any dining packages. Izumi Hibachi might have a $10 surcharge.

This is why you guys are so great! I didn't know this!! Is there a difference if one is in Star Class? @WAAAYTOOO can you help me to differentiate, just in case. Dreaming of Star!

shooting star black and white gif GIF

2 hours ago, Neesa said:

@AshleyDillo Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!!

I was excited to share. I had my first UDP experience on Oasis and live blogged it here so that's why I was able to detail as much as I did for you there ?

You should plan to make reservations for CP150, Chops, Giovannis and Izumi (sushi and hibachi) for dinner.  They don't usually have space for walk-ups. 

On Oasis I was able to make reservations once on the ship using the app.  I was sitting in CP150 at dinner at 7pm and was playing with the app and could have made another reservation then and there for another restaurant.

When I did my Izumi sushi and Chops to-go meals I did make a reservation so they expected me.  Izumi had no issues with doing my order to-go, but Chops tried to strong arm me into sitting and dining.  I just wanted a filet to go so I could enjoy it later, and for research purposes as to how difficult it would be, of course.

Playmakers and Portside you can walk up whenever they are open and you have a per visit, per person allowance of $20.  $20 gets you a LOT of food for one person at either of those.  Izumi sushi has a $35 limit.

If you look at an old Cruise Compass you can get an idea of the open times for restaurants on port vs. sea days.  It does vary and you can dine whenever one is open!  I didn't do Chops for lunch because it just seems heavy to me.  I think we did Giovannis for lunch maybe and I missed that in my outline there.

Don't sleep on Johnny Rockets or the Solarium for breakfast either.  Both are included for everyone, package or not. 

Oasis ships have so many dining options and the UDP really opens the ship up to you and feels more like an all-inclusive experience when you have it.

As @AshleyDillosaid above, SC does include the Chef's Table but at our last CT, they did charge $25 PP for the wine.  I assume it will be the same after the restart.

As a SC passenger, ANYthing (to eat) on the ship is included with the exception of the pastries at Starbuck's and the candy-by-the-pound at the candy store (but the ice cream at the candy store IS included).  The coffee at SB is included but not the pastries (go figure...).  All of the upcharge items at Chops are included, there is no upcharge for Izumi Hibachi, regardless of how much food you order (and you are allowed to order sushi from the sushi side if you want it).  Eat as much as you want of whatever you want at Johnny Rocket's, drink as many malts or milk shakes as you want, eat all the ice cream you want, all of the popcorn at the theater and Aqua Theater is included.  Food at the Pub, Playmaker's and all specialty restaurants is all included.  You are actually hard pressed to find food that is NOT included in SC which is what makes it SOOOO incredible.

52 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

As @AshleyDillosaid above, SC does include the Chef's Table but at our last CT, they did charge $25 PP for the wine.  I assume it will be the same after the restart.

As a SC passenger, ANYthing (to eat) on the ship is included with the exception of the pastries at Starbuck's and the candy-by-the-pound at the candy store (but the ice cream at the candy store IS included).  The coffee at SB is included but not the pastries (go figure...).  All of the upcharge items at Chops are included, there is no upcharge for Izumi Hibachi, regardless of how much food you order (and you are allowed to order sushi from the sushi side if you want it).  Eat as much as you want of whatever you want at Johnny Rocket's, drink as many malts or milk shakes as you want, eat all the ice cream you want, all of the popcorn at the theater and Aqua Theater is included.  Food at the Pub, Playmaker's and all specialty restaurants is all included.  You are actually hard pressed to find food that is NOT included in SC which is what makes it SOOOO incredible.

Thank you both so much! I am possibly booking a Star Class Suite for Spring Break,  & pool looks like it's going to be a long while....supply chain is just insane. So I may place the deposit and have some time before final payment to convince myself this is really something I should do, I weigh a lot of scenarios before I commit. (Plus I will continue to bid in that direction maybe one day I will get lucky!) Reading your posts I gained weight, just sitting here. I will bring several sized bathing suits large, extra large and finally the biggest I own every day opting for the next size because if I do this sounds like I may be rolling off the ship, LOL!! 

My husband who never gains anything (metabolism for days) literally eats peanut butter cups with every meal, I am nauseous just typing it. Can the genie locate those little cups or should I bring them as a surprise? Anyway, thanks so much you gave me so much to think about. I may lean Star over UDP but ultimately I need to run the numbers to see if I can make sense of it all.

fat cat GIF