Sofa bed comfort level

Hi All,

My mum and I are booked in an owners suite on Anthem OTS in September. 

We are also considering a RoyalUp to a star class loft suite if it is an option next month. 

Has anyone slept on the sofa beds in either the owners suite or one of the star class suites? We’re wondering if they’re comfy if we just split up and both get a double bed or whether we go with splitting the double into twins. 

Not sure which bed you are referring to here ("We’re wondering if they’re comfy if we just split up and both get a double bed or whether we go with splitting the double into twins") but if you are referring to the bed in the loft of the GLS (the "Master" bed...sorry, I hate that term), that bed does not split.  It is a Duxiana mattress and unlike other beds on board, it is 1 solid King mattress.  I believe that the OS bed will split even though the OS used to be a solid mattress as well (maybe it still does ??).  But the SC mattresses do not split into 2 separate beds. Perhaps you are talking about the sofa bed/mattress, in which case I have no idea as I have never had any downstairs bed made from the sofa(s).

2 hours ago, Scoular said:

Thanks @WAAAYTOOO. I guess I had two questions which I didn’t make particularly clear; firstly do the star class loft suite beds split - sounds like the answer is no. Secondly is whether the sofa beds in any of these suites are comfy? In case my mum would prefer more space. 

Wait, you’d make your mum sleep on the sofa bed?!?!?

1 hour ago, twangster said:

Sofa bed comfort factor has been scientifically studied and determined to be directly proportional to adult beverage consumption.  

Ha ha! The 21 year old’s graduation present is a cruise to Alaska. We have a JS and she gets the sofa bed. She’s Diamond too and a lightweight so her 4 drinks will make that sofa bed mighty comfy! 

I’ve slept in various sofa beds over the years. Most of them on vacation and I owned a sofa bed for a good portion of time too. 

After trying the sofa bed on Quantum’s OLS, I can safely say that it’s the comfiest sofa bed I’ve used. 

No, it’s definitely not comparable to a real bed, but it’s no where near as bad as many sofa beds out there

8 hours ago, Jill said:

Ha ha! The 21 year old’s graduation present is a cruise to Alaska. We have a JS and she gets the sofa bed. She’s Diamond too and a lightweight so her 4 drinks will make that sofa bed mighty comfy! 

we're in a 2 bedroom grand , 17 grandson drew the short straw to his 16 sister , he gets the sofa , but would be just as happy on the balcony lounger ? 

1 hour ago, dee02554 said:

we're in a 2 bedroom grand , 17 grandson drew the short straw to his 16 sister , he gets the sofa , but would be just as happy on the balcony lounger ? 

That would be my son!  Hubby me adult daughter & son in a Harmony Owner’s Suite.   We get the bed, daughter gets the sofa & he gets the roll away.  Given his anticipated drink consumption, he’d be just as comfortable on that balcony lounger ??

41 minutes ago, Pooch said:

That would be my son!  Hubby me adult daughter & son in a Harmony Owner’s Suite.   We get the bed, daughter gets the sofa & he gets the roll away.  Given his anticipated drink consumption, he’d be just as comfortable on that balcony lounger ??

Griffin is a SCOUT , used to sleeping on the ground ? he would be all set hanging a hammock on the balcony 

On 7/30/2021 at 12:41 AM, Pooch said:

Or maybe she meant comfy for her so mum can have the real bed to herself.  Frankly I know my kids would give ME the couch!!’

I’d always give my mum the comfy bed ? but she’s got mobility issues and so may struggle with the stairs. She doesn’t walk around without her mobility scooter. 

On 7/29/2021 at 2:11 PM, Scoular said:

Hi All,

My mum and I are booked in an owners suite on Anthem OTS in September. 

We are also considering a RoyalUp to a star class loft suite if it is an option next month. 

Has anyone slept on the sofa beds in either the owners suite or one of the star class suites? We’re wondering if they’re comfy if we just split up and both get a double bed or whether we go with splitting the double into twins. 

I rec'd the Royal-Up offer on Anthem for Sept. 23rd, about 2 weeks ago.  And our friends also.  We both bid on 2 room categories.  We will see.  Did you receive an offer yet?

56 minutes ago, Linda R said:

I rec'd the Royal-Up offer on Anthem for Sept. 23rd, about 2 weeks ago.  And our friends also.  We both bid on 2 room categories.  We will see.  Did you receive an offer yet?

Not yet. What rooms have you currently got and what did you bid on?

I keep trying the RoyalUp page but it just spins. 

23 hours ago, Scoular said:

Not yet. What rooms have you currently got and what did you bid on?

I keep trying the RoyalUp page but it just spins. 

I rec'd an email with my Royal-Up offers.   We are in Ocean View Balcony at an excellent price booked as soon as was available to reserve.  We bid on the Jr Suite and the Grand Suite.  Mainly for double loyalty points.   All the suite categories were available.   No word yet if any of the bids were accepted, but it is too early to tell.  Also, I think they closed the bidding offers?  Not sure on that.   Also, since we are in US the whole trip is still iffy.  We have several things to overcome before the cruise.

10 minutes ago, Linda R said:

I rec'd an email with my Royal-Up offers.   We are in Ocean View Balcony at an excellent price booked as soon as was available to reserve.  We bid on the Jr Suite and the Grand Suite.  Mainly for double loyalty points.   All the suite categories were available.   No word yet if any of the bids were accepted, but it is too early to tell.  Also, I think they closed the bidding offers?  Not sure on that.   Also, since we are in US the whole trip is still iffy.  We have several things to overcome before the cruise.

10 minutes ago, Linda R said:

I looked at my offer and it said I can modify up to 54 hours prior to cruise.  So, kinda looks like no upgrades will be done until about 2 days before.  We will have left the US by then

10 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

With RoyalUp, you will only receive the cruise points associated with your original booking, so if you go from an OV Balcony to a JS or GS, you will still only get the points associated with the OVB.  The good news is...that's still double !!!

Well, that's a bummer.  Thanks for letting me know.  All my other next 8 cruises booked are some kind of suite, and all sail before Sept. 31st next year so can get the 4X points.

I've never had any problems with sleeping on the pull out couch. However, I have never had a proper bed while cruising since I always cruised with my parents. I've always either had the pull out couch or the pull down from the wall bunk. Never had a problem, all generally comfortable especially for a pull out couch. I've slept on some bad ones at hotels where you can feel the springs but never on RC.