PADI classes on the Rhapsody ?

when last we were on the Freedom of the seas  there were PADI classes offered on board , does anyone know if this is available on the Rhapsody ?? I have the Grands signed up for class in Grand Cayman but more and more I think Grand Cayman will still be closed in February 2022

Rhapsody of the Seas is a vision class and predates the PADI onboard shop.  Pretty sure you still have to be on a Freedom, Oasis, Quantum, or Voyager class ship to have the PADI dive class available.  You could do the classroom part at a local dive shop and then do the in water portion at a port but that may require more than one day to complete depending on the dive operation at the port.  It would also likely need to be booked outside of the cruise lines available activities.  

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2017/01/23/royal-caribbean-becomes-only-cruise-line-offer-full-range-of-padi-scuba-diving-offerings

19 hours ago, MuttMutt said:

I understand. Hopefully things go well for you. 

I did my certification a little over 2 years ago in OKC after my wife passed away and it was one of the best things I could have done. 

thank you , hubby and I are both certified and have been diving for years , just looking for a way to expose the grands to diving , grand son has Major vision issues so we are ordering a prescription mask ( as close as possible ) for him.  every port we visit has some sort of " learn to dive or resort diving " at this point in time I JUST want to go ? don't even care where ?

I understand. I sometimes wear my contacts but am ok to drive or dive without corrective lenses. But yeah, getting on the ship and in the water is something I really miss right now. Did some local lake dives a couple months ago but closed on a house so trying to fix some issues before the middle of October so may not get much water time till then. Most of my lake dives end up being underwater clean up dives as well but I enjoy getting the trash out of the water and posting videos on YouTube. 

7 hours ago, MuttMutt said:

I understand. I sometimes wear my contacts but am ok to drive or dive without corrective lenses. But yeah, getting on the ship and in the water is something I really miss right now. Did some local lake dives a couple months ago but closed on a house so trying to fix some issues before the middle of October so may not get much water time till then. Most of my lake dives end up being underwater clean up dives as well but I enjoy getting the trash out of the water and posting videos on YouTube. 

we're on a small island off the coast of cape cod Ma. gathering scollops in October is the only Dive time available Haha but hoping they get bit by the bug , Papa would love a dive buddy and an excuse to travel