Question about Flowrider, RipCord and North Star On Ovation of the Seas

China sailings charge for these experiences but non-China sailings do not.  There is a paid version of the NorthStar experience for Alaska and Hawaii sailings; these are extended “rides” that go over-the-edge unlike the free NS rides that just go up and down.  You can pay extra for the longer over-the-side rides or still get the normal free NS rides.

Im not sure what the process is for additional experiences with NS and IFly but I imagine it just involves getting back in line and waiting.  Might be easier with reduced occupancy.

1 hour ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

China sailings charge for these experiences but non-China sailings do not.  There is a paid version of the NorthStar experience for Alaska and Hawaii sailings; these are extended “rides” that go over-the-edge unlike the free NS rides that just go up and down.  You can pay extra for the longer over-the-side rides or still get the normal free NS rides.

Im not sure what the process is for additional experiences with NS and IFly but I imagine it just involves getting back in line and waiting.  Might be easier with reduced occupancy.

Thanks! Alaska next month. I'll pay the $50 for over the side while we are in the glacier bay. 

Not exactly apples to apples, since I'm talking Anthem from NJ to Bermuda so semi apples to oranges, but with iFly it was booked tight, lots on standby. I had the suite concierge book it. I'd say add that to day 1 stuff, run over and make a reservation ASAP. The NS wasn't that bad, however, I want to say I booked it ahead of time, but friends of mine booked onboard at their leisure, via the app. I assume paying the extra $50 is a cruise planner thing? If so it sounds amazing, and worth way more than that. Oh, Alaska, gotta go soon. Enjoy!