Cruising Dilemma-Allure of the Seas (Nov '21)

Hi all, 

I've been trying to weigh out whether or not we should sail in November. We will be travelling with our 3 year old and 8 month old. I'm really excited about it, but i'm not excited about having to mask up our 3 year old because it's just a challenge. I know anything could change before then, but with the Delta variant increasing cases I'm doubtful that the mask mandate would be lifted. We're vaccinated and I'm all for masking, but as many of you know it's not that easy for a toddler to keep a mask on for an extended period of time. 

Selfishly I don't want to cancel or rebook because we received an awesome deal (Kids sail free). 

Is RCL allowing a Lift and Shift with the current price locked in? 

I'm trying to decide if I want to change our plans and do a different trip before our final payment is due on the 10th. 

I thought about waiting until the last minute, but I also don't want to pay the final balance and be stuck with more FCC. I also want to give myself time to plan a different trip for the same week. 

1 hour ago, Jill said:

You can use Cruise with Confidence up to 48 hours prior to sailing. This way you literally can wait until the last minute to decide. 

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruise-with-confidence

FWIW I think mask will be around for a while. I know a lot of people keep saying how things are changing daily and fast but I don't see that. I am not going to bring up all the reason why I think they will still be there in Nov. I personally think anyone sailing in 2021 needs to resign themselves to the current protocols. I am not saying that come Nov we will still be here but if we aren't at least you will be happy instead of disappointed.

3 hours ago, agreen_902 said:

Hi all, 

I've been trying to weigh out whether or not we should sail in November. We will be travelling with our 3 year old and 8 month old. I'm really excited about it, but i'm not excited about having to mask up our 3 year old because it's just a challenge. I know anything could change before then, but with the Delta variant increasing cases I'm doubtful that the mask mandate would be lifted. We're vaccinated and I'm all for masking, but as many of you know it's not that easy for a toddler to keep a mask on for an extended period of time. 

Selfishly I don't want to cancel or rebook because we received an awesome deal (Kids sail free). 

Is RCL allowing a Lift and Shift with the current price locked in? 

I'm trying to decide if I want to change our plans and do a different trip before our final payment is due on the 10th. 

In my opinion, if you have any concerns you should make the change now and move on. No need to stress out over something that you have no control over. Making the change now allows you more time to research and pick a trip that meets your requirements.  The most important thing is to have fun on vacation and the planning is part of that process.

good luck.