Cancellation with Expedia?

I booked a late August cruise via Expedia (i know, bad choice!) a few months ago. My grandma has decided last minute that she does not want to cruise anymore (due to COVID and other means) and I was just wondering how the cancellation policies are with Royal. Even though I booked through Expedia, would Cruise with Confidence still apply? Also would it be a full refund or simply FCC? We are cruising on August 29. Thanks!

When did you book this? This is their policy:

Concerned about traveling? Looking for flexibility in your plans?

As of May 6, 2020, our enhanced Cruise with Confidence program gives you even more flexibility.

Whether you’re already booked on a cruise, or are thinking about it, we want you to Cruise with Confidence. That’s why Royal Caribbean will let you cancel any cruise that sets sail from now through April 30th, 2022. Whether it’s a booking you already have or one you make right now through July 31st, 2021, you’re covered. As long as you cancel at least 48 hours before your sail date, you’ll receive a Future Cruise Credit. The credit is valid to book by April 30th, 2022 and sail by September 30th, 2022.

As of May 6th, 2020 we have also added the new "Best Price Guarantee" option outlined below.

• Best Price Guarantee -Spot a better price on your booked cruise? Our Best Price Guarantee lets you take advantage of a better price up to 48 hours before your sail date — just give us a call. You’ll receive the difference as a non-refundable onboard credit inside final payment or rate adjustment outside final payment.

What you need to know

• As long as you cancel at least 48 hours before your sail date, you’ll receive a Future Cruise Credit.

• The Cruise with Confidence program covers bookings that are booked on or before July 31st, 2021, that set sail on or before April 30th, 2022.

• Future Cruise Credits are valid to book by April 30th, 2022 and sail by September 30th, 2022.

• You may owe any difference in cruise fare if your new booking exceeds the Future Cruise Credit’s value.

• Some restrictions may apply.

• If you opt into the Cruise with Confidence 100% Future Cruise Credit, you do not qualify for any Future Cruise Credit offers or refunds related to our Global Suspension of sailings.

Unfortunately you have to get Expedia to deal with Royal to do a cancelation.  It should still be covered under CWC on Royal's side but you will have to see what Expedia's cancelation terms are as well.  CWC would mean you would get an FCC for each passenger in their name.

If you are seeking a cash refund I would see if you could cancel because you aren't comfortable with the announced protocols for your sailing.  When they announced the protocols for each ship and sailing month they had stated they would offer full refunds for people who didn't want to comply.  I can no longer find that language on Royal's site, but may still be an option.  Of course Expedia has to communicate with Royal on your behalf because they are the TA.