Freedom of the Seas - Solarium Pool - vaccinated only

14 minutes ago, MuttMutt said:

Correct,  solarium is adult only. But age will not make a difference. Unvaxinated is unvaxinated, age does not excuse it. No covid vaccine is no entry even if the parents or other party members are. 

Op asked about vaccinated people that are under 16 — ie, are they bending the age rules for the unique situation of current sailing protocols 

50 minutes ago, stevendom57 said:

I thought that the solarium area was adult only. Sure, minors can walk through but cannot use the facilities there. Am I wrong?

It is listed as Adults only (16 and older) but this really old post from @Matt in 2015 states that in rare cases that it could be opened up to 16 and under if they are directly supervised by and adult.

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2015/11/16/everything-about-royal-caribbeans-solarium

I was thinking that Covid could be a rare instance that causes it to be allowed only for vaccinated passengers even if they are under 16.  

it only came up since I was looking for the age limit in regards to our niece who will be cruising with our group and she is under 16 but fully vaccinated.  Didn’t know if anyone who had cruised already had noticed what they were doing onboard.

I seemed to remember that the age limit wasn’t necessarily 18, but couldn’t remember what it really was.

Not a big deal, just something I thought of while on hold for something unrelated.

I saw no enforcement of vaccination status at the solarium, maybe i just didn't notice it though.

So few kids were on board i didn't see any trying to use the solarium either but again no sign of enforcement.

Said differently, there was no crew person at entrances and exits checking on anything, anybody that wanted to could walk into and through the solarium. Not sure if perhaps a lifeguard or the bartender was looking for the "I identify as vaccinated" bracelets but i didn't see anyone looking.

On 7/26/2021 at 11:17 PM, PetraElise said:

Op asked about vaccinated people that are under 16 — ie, are they bending the age rules for the unique situation of current sailing protocols 

Which I also answered in the same post.