Cabanas prices have dropped - Adventure OTS 8/7/21

Just checked the cabanas for my upcoming Adventure cruise on 8/7/21 and the prices have suddenly dropped. The cost as of today:

Oasis Lagoon and Chill Island cabanas - $499

Thrill Water Park Cabanas - $999 (price never dropped)

Coco Beach Club Cabanas - $699

Coco Beach Club Over the Water Cabanas - $999

Before the sale we didn't consider it, I believe it was 1999 floating and 1499 land cabana both in the beach club. Our group of six adults cancelled our 6 admissions at 106 a person (which was a sale price down from 142) and got back 636 then paid 699 for the land cabana which included admission. So it was a $10.50 a person increase to get a land beach club cabana. If you had 8 people already paying for admission they would pay you to get a cabana. Of course their marketing worked, we got a floating cabana for the other day but it didn't break the bank. YOLO

They should build another few hundred cabanas and charge these lower prices once things are at full capacity, at 700 a day it should pay for construction costs in pretty short order. I get that there is limited optimal ocean space suitable for floating cabanas but the land based ones should pay for themselves in weeks or months. In fact they can allow investors to build them, at 20k a month rent based on 699 a day, even if food and staffing costs take 50%, the ROI is incredible. Better than any rental property I've seen, I'll pay for it to be built and they can take 50% with no investment. I'll take the weather risk, at these rates it can be rebuilt every year. With only a few dozen cabanas, the law of diminishing returns is not remotely applicable.

10 hours ago, Temeculaguy said:

Before the sale we didn't consider it, I believe it was 1999 floating and 1499 land cabana both in the beach club. Our group of six adults cancelled our 6 admissions at 106 a person (which was a sale price down from 142) and got back 636 then paid 699 for the land cabana which included admission. So it was a $10.50 a person increase to get a land beach club cabana. If you had 8 people already paying for admission they would pay you to get a cabana. Of course their marketing worked, we got a floating cabana for the other day but it didn't break the bank. YOLO

They should build another few hundred cabanas and charge these lower prices once things are at full capacity, at 700 a day it should pay for construction costs in pretty short order. I get that there is limited optimal ocean space suitable for floating cabanas but the land based ones should pay for themselves in weeks or months. In fact they can allow investors to build them, at 20k a month rent based on 699 a day, even if food and staffing costs take 50%, the ROI is incredible. Better than any rental property I've seen, I'll pay for it to be built and they can take 50% with no investment. I'll take the weather risk, at these rates it can be rebuilt every year. With only a few dozen cabanas, the law of diminishing returns is not remotely applicable.

Except if you over build, the experience starts to feel more congested and hectic, less tropical, exotic getaway — and people will be disinclined to spend for it.  I know that was one of the aspects that we considered when evaluating the value — and we are going during incredibly low capacity sailings.  If the cabanas were packed onto the beach like sardines, we would not book one.  Or frankly, view the CocoCay stop as desirable.