Balcony Preferences: Ocean vs Boardwalk vs Central Park

Full disclosure, our only balcony cabins so far have been ocean view but for our upcoming Harmony cruise in September we have boardwalk balconies. They and the Central Park ones were a steal when we booked but my family are nosey and like to people watch, which is why we went for boardwalk. I understand they can be a bit noisier if there's something going on in the boardwalk.

I have read many posts saying the Central Park ones are usually very quiet, sometimes with pleasant music coming from the park and that there are some which have double-size balconies at no extra cost. I can't quite remember which numbers, the ones ending in 029 I think, maybe. They're next to the living wall. I'm sure someone else can chime in with the exact numbers.

I actually just booked us on Harmony for next March in a CP balcony. It’s next to living wall but not one of the double balconies. 

I chose it because we booked this cruise to get us to Diamond Plus and wanted to save money. We can drive to PC too. We’ve got 3 others booked, two of which are bucket list and emptying the wallet! Lol We really couldn’t pass up double points, so booked Harmony. 

We have had a CP balcony before on Oasis. Also a March cruise. It was very pleasant to sit out there while at sea. You didn’t get blown away. 

The only downside is you’re close to your neighbors across the way, but not enough of a bother to not book one. 

We prefer ocean balcony but again, we were looking to save a few bucks. 

Have not done a boardwalk and really no desire to. 

I stayed in a BW balcony on Symphony, and then the next week sailed in OV balcony. I enjoyed the BW room, it was quiet much to my surprise. But if I had a choice I'd pick CP balcony or OV balcony.  Central Park is my favorite area of the ship, but on Oasis Class I feel like I don't see the ocean enough, so I usually go with oceanview balcony.

26 minutes ago, Wilson said:

We enjoy Central Park balcony cabins and especially for the price. Here is a link to Matt's article that identifies which ships and decks have the double balconies.

Secret Royal Caribbean staterooms: Extra large Oasis of the Seas balconies | Royal Caribbean Blog

Matt's article specifies Oasis and Allure only and is from 2016

Do these same condition apply to Harmony and Symphony?

Also did any of this change with the Amplification of Oasis?

2 hours ago, Jill said:

I actually just booked us on Harmony for next March in a CP balcony. It’s next to living wall but not one of the double balconies. 

I chose it because we booked this cruise to get us to Diamond Plus and wanted to save money. We can drive to PC too. We’ve got 3 others booked, two of which are bucket list and emptying the wallet! Lol We really couldn’t pass up double points, so booked Harmony. 

We have had a CP balcony before on Oasis. Also a March cruise. It was very pleasant to sit out there while at sea. You didn’t get blown away. 

The only downside is you’re close to your neighbors across the way, but not enough of a bother to not book one. 

We prefer ocean balcony but again, we were looking to save a few bucks. 

Have not done a boardwalk and really no desire to. 

Booked an 8 day on Explorer to get to Diamond.  My TA said lots of folks doing the C & A math!

17 minutes ago, CruiseGus said:

Yes for Harmony and assuming true for Symphony. @Matt can you please confirm?

49 minutes ago, Pooch said:

Booked an 8 day on Explorer to get to Diamond.  My TA said lots of folks doing the C & A math!

I was never great in math but I figured this one out fast! ? As soon as they extended to December, that suddenly included our 12 night Holy Land in October which bumped us to 24 points. Instead of being 26 shy of Plus, we were now only 14! It was either a 4 night in a JS on Mariner or a 7 night on Harmony. No contest! Harmony all the way! 

53 minutes ago, CruiseGus said:

11 minutes ago, Matt said:

Yup, all Oasis Class ships

Wow apparently that article predates Harmony's release date.  I didn't realize there was such a gap between Allure (2010) and Harmony (2016).  I would love to try one of these balconies someday!