Cruising with an unvaccinated child & formal night

PShay

Hello everyone,

Has anybody recently travelled on a cruise ship with unvaccinated children? Based on the travel documents we received, it sounded like we can't even get off the ports with our unvaccinated 2 year old. We don't really care for excursions but it would be nice to get off the ship and do sightseeing. Our ship is Independence of the Seas.

Also is Formal night happening? This is our first RC cruise. There are restrictions for unvaccinated people. Just wondering if people with an unvaccinated child can attend formal nights. Thank you all! 

From what I understand is those of us with unvaccinated children cannot get off to do independent excursions.  If we book an excursion through Royal they will let us off.  At least that is what I understood, hopefully they did not change it.  When are you sailing? We will be on Independence on September 19th.

The only restriction for dining is My Time.  My Time dining is not available for parties that include unvaccinated.

You will still be able to enjoy any formal nights in the MDR you just won't use the deck or area of the MDR allocated to fully vaccinated.  

Dining & Lounges
In the Main Dining Room, which spans multiple decks, we will designate areas for everyone, including parents and unvaccinated children, and areas for vaccinated parties only. My Time Dining will not be available to parties that include unvaccinated guests.

1 hour ago, twangster said:

The only restriction for dining is My Time.  My Time dining is not available for parties that include unvaccinated.

You will still be able to enjoy any formal nights in the MDR you just won't use the deck or area of the MDR allocated to fully vaccinated.  

Dining & Lounges
In the Main Dining Room, which spans multiple decks, we will designate areas for everyone, including parents and unvaccinated children, and areas for vaccinated parties only. My Time Dining will not be available to parties that include unvaccinated guests.

Could you please provide me with the original link for the quote?

I booked several my time Dining slots for and with our unvaccinated kids (younger than 12) - so the system shouldn't actually allow that?

1 hour ago, redraider629 said:

From what I understand is those of us with unvaccinated children cannot get off to do independent excursions.  If we book an excursion through Royal they will let us off.  At least that is what I understood, hopefully they did not change it.  When are you sailing? We will be on Independence on September 19th.

thank you for responding. We are going on August 15th.

36 minutes ago, Carotthat said:

Could you please provide me with the original link for the quote?

I booked several my time Dining slots for and with our unvaccinated kids (younger than 12) - so the system shouldn't actually allow that?

Specific information for sailings can be found here:

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/the-healthy-sail-center

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/are-there-any-experiences-that-are-closed

I don't think they have done any kind of programming changes with respect to the dining situation for unvaccinated.  

@AshleyDilloI looked up all the pages, and for our cruise from Cyprus, there was nothing mentioned referring to my time dining:

Dining
Reservations are recommended and can be made via Cruise Planner before you board for meals at specialty restaurants, Main Dining Room, or Windjammer. Once onboard, you can also reserve dining by using the Royal Caribbean App or calling the reservation line. Windjammer will be open for breakfast and lunch, and food will now be served to you by crew members to avoid guests sharing serving utensils. If you’d like to dine with other parties during your cruise, you can easily link your bookings by using the Royal Caribbean App or calling us on +1 305 354 0204.

That's all I found ?

8 hours ago, Carotthat said:

@AshleyDilloI looked up all the pages, and for our cruise from Cyprus, there was nothing mentioned referring to my time dining:

There's your explanation.  Each port of departure and ship have different protocols. The rules sailing from Cypress are different from the rules sailing from Florida. 

It gets really confusing with so many different protocols, so with respect to any protocols you read or hear about, be sure to clarify they are talking about the same departure port you are sailing from!