Flight enough time?

12 minutes ago, SmoothJ24 said:

For me personally, I rather get in the night before. This way it will help mitigate any airlines issues or any other issues along the way.

This is for the return flight home on February 6th.

We are flying in two days early for our cruise...so no problem there.  ?

3 hours ago, NancyL2648 said:

This is for the return flight home on February 6th.

We are flying in two days early for our cruise...so no problem there.  ?

Eh, sorry… read your post wrong. This is what happens when you are posting before you goto bed.

Anyway you should have enough time provided you already secured travel from the pier to the airport.

6 hours ago, jack_c4321 said:

Let's say you get off the ship at ~8:00 am. That leaves around 6 hours to get to the airport, check in etc. which IMO is plenty of time. 

I'm sure it will be adequate.  In fact, you might have time for one of those excursions that picks you up from the pier, tours around the city and drops you at the airport.  It fills the time and gets you to the airport.

Sounds good.

The only issue would be a delayed arrival back to port. These instances usually occur due to a medical evacuation while at sea when the ship needs to deviate to another port to drop off a sick passenger…or deviate off course to meet the coast guard. Or sometimes a mechanical issue with propulsion causes the ship to decrease speed...or avoid a storm. I have experienced all of these on my cruises but this has been very unusual and ships are virtually always on time. Or close to it.
Hate to be a negative Nellie, but even though these things do happen…I still schedule flights on disembarkation day. In the highly unlikely event of a delay, guest services onboard will assist in contacting the airline for a rebook.

9 hours ago, NancyL2648 said:
I'm thinking of booking my flights for my Cruise in January. We disembark on Sunday, February 6th. 2022.  Would a 2:25pm flight on Sunday, February 6th. out of MIA (Miami) be doable?
Enough time to get to the airport, check in and get through security?

It is doable as long as you are off the ship by 10am-10:30am.  That may sound unreasonable but cruise turnaround day as you know is hectic on Dodge Island there have been times where I had to wait 20-30 minutes for a taxi because taxi's have to sit in all that traffic just to reach Royal especially if you are at the new terminal at end of Dodge Island. The way I look at it is like this if you are off the ship by 10 am you should be able to collect your luggage and clear customs and immigration by 10:30am.   At the absolute latest you will be in a taxi by 11am (probably sooner but 11am is worst case scenario), and arrive at the airport shortly thereafter. Depending on your airline you should be checked-in and have checked your bags by 12pm which gives you more than enough time to clear security.  If you have TSA-Pre your wait time at MIA will be a bit shorter than those who don't have TSA-Pre, but either way you will make your 2:25 pm flight with time to spare. 

11 hours ago, NancyL2648 said:

Enough time to get to the airport, check in and get through security?

Soitenly should go okay. I do know the realm of possibilities can be frustrating.

I have even testified in a criminal hearing that a spaceship "could possibly" land in the courtroom but that it "probably wouldn't."

Image result for Ain't I a Stinker Meme. Size: 252 x 160. Source: www.pinterest.com