Premium drink package and costs

bjstrand

I have a cruise set for Jan '22, finally.  I recently saw drink menus and pricing for some premium drinks at $15.50. With the elevated package drink prices covered to $15, do the crew members actually charge the additional $.50 plus 9 for the tip? I'd have to believe that the cost of doing that in time and trouble would outweigh any monetary benefit. Plus the hassle of signing for 59 cents if I order said drinks. Anyone have insight on this?

57 minutes ago, twangster said:

Every drink will result in a card being swiped through the PoS machine.  That's how each server earns their share of the gratuity.  The computer does the rest in terms of any overage and additional gratuity for the overage.  

And if there's an uncharge, you sign the receipt.  Otherwise, premium beverage holder just see a swipe as noted above.

10 hours ago, Plumlee2028 said:

I'm assuming there is some similarity to Royal''s program on this.  I frequently see literature on their website of "drinks up to $12" included, but all the $13 ones I've bought there were included as well.  Ive never tried it on Celebrity, so it'll be interesting to see next month.

I have the experience both ways on Celebrity - sometimes when they exceeded there was no uncharge, other times the bartender said it was above and I'd see an uncharge..   Depended upon the bartender (and maybe knowledge related to caps) - Edge class ship had a lot more high end specialty drinks (especially in Eden) and seemed that was more rigorously enforced, M & S class ships high end premiums seemed to be in the martini bar.  Good luck with it.