C&A drink vouchers

Jill

Does Royal allow you to “gift” your vouchers? We have Symphony coming up and we have the DBP and I was wondering if we’re allowed to use our vouchers to “buy” someone a drink. I think it’d be fun to be a drink fairy and say send 2 glasses of champagne to a couple at dinner or send a fruity drink to a frazzled mom herding her kids at the pool. 

Pre-pandemic I asked C&A this very question.

The response at the time was that you can't move the vouchers from your card to another guest's card but you can obtain a drink from the C&A happy hour menu using a voucher and give that drink to a non-Diamond.   

When I have attempted to do this in the past, some bartenders freaked out and assumed I was sharing Deluxe drink package drinks but once they settled down and saw the request for what it was they did it.  Other's were on board immediately probably because I always tip happy hour drinks and they remember that.

However... under the new voucher program where it's any drink <$13, any time, any bar I'm not so certain that gifting voucher drinks is still allowed.

Probably worth sending an email to C&A and asking them.  

You can definitely share your voucher with someone, but that person needs to be there. 

2 hours ago, Jill said:

I think it’d be fun to be a drink fairy and say send 2 glasses of champagne to a couple at dinner or send a fruity drink to a frazzled mom herding her kids at the pool. 

I don't see why you wouldn't be able to do this. I've told waiters I'd like to order a friend a drink and use my C&A drink voucher.

Follow up:

I don’t know how transaction was handled. I assume my card was swiped twice, once for my drink with DBP and once to use shared diamond voucher drink. I always stopped at three for sharing diamond drinks so unable to verify if credits were being tracked. 

27 minutes ago, AlmondFarmer said:

Follow up:

I don’t know how transaction was handled. I assume my card was swiped twice, once for my drink with DBP and once to use shared diamond voucher drink. I always stopped at three for sharing diamond drinks so unable to verify if credits were being tracked. 

I have seen many people being informed the 3 vouchers were used.  This usually followed with some sort of "that can't be possible" and a litany of excuses why.  "I was walking the dog all evening, I couldn't have used my drink vouchers"... "this is my first drink all cruise"...  

On the other hand when a relationship is formed with bar staff, somehow a drink can magically appear in front of you beyond the vouchers.  (slides another $5 across the bar)

21 minutes ago, twangster said:

On the other hand when a relationship is formed with bar staff, somehow a drink can magically appear in front of you beyond the vouchers.  (slides another $5 across the bar)

It is awesome how after sliding a few dollar bills across the bar, the drinks slide the opposite direction with less friction.
I will continue my research on this phenomenon until I fully understand the physics. 

28 minutes ago, twangster said:

I have seen many people being informed the 3 vouchers were used.  This usually followed with some sort of "that can't be possible" and a litany of excuses why.  "I was walking the dog all evening, I couldn't have used my drink vouchers"... "this is my first drink all cruise"...  

There does seem to be some flexibility ... i spent the sea day (aka Nassau) in the Solarium last weekend and somehow got to 8 beers on my Diamond coupons ... despite saying each time "my vouchers should be up so i need to pay for this one" ...