My Time Dining - Table for 8?

We're cruising with friends on Royal for the first time in January.  We've all selected My Time dining.  Will they be able to accommodate 2 families (8 people) fairly easily, or will we be waiting awhile.  I assume going earlier or later will help things?  Not sure how the whole MTD thing works...

12 minutes ago, Winston Wolf said:

We're cruising with friends on Royal for the first time in January.  We've all selected My Time dining.  Will they be able to accommodate 2 families (8 people) fairly easily, or will we be waiting awhile.  I assume going earlier or later will help things?  Not sure how the whole MTD thing works...

If you have different reservations, link them, then go into cruise planner and reserve my time dining times under dining option. 

17 minutes ago, cdixon22 said:

If you have different reservations, link them, then go into cruise planner and reserve my time dining times under dining option. 

Thanks!  Our friends did call in and link them.  How far out can you make those reservations?  Once paid in full?  60 days?

1 hour ago, Fairlynew said:

I might be mistaken but I seem to remember that you can’t make MyTime reservations on the CP unless you have pre-paid gratuities.  Hopefully someone who knows more will correct this if I’m wrong 

You could be correct as I always prepay