Key suspension

56 minutes ago, Cat mom said:

I read a Facebook post stating the key program is being suspended on some sailings, has anyone heard this?

53 minutes ago, Ampurp85 said:

It has been talked about quite a bit. The Key has not been on any of the current sailings as capacity is too low. There is no need for priority boarding and disembarkment.

With 40% -70% of the vessel only being occupied, it makes sense. Besides there are health protocols in place too that prevent being able to board the ship quickly.

On 7/20/2021 at 3:52 PM, SpeedNoodles said:

It's available for my October 24 Allure sailing. I had actually booked it quite a while ago for $17 pppd, however I canceled it because I just don't believe there's going to be enough value again until things normalize.

I agree. The real value and benefits kick in with a full ship. IMHO.

Happy Cruising!

• 2 weeks later...

I just checked into my Oct 30th cruise. And I’m unsure if I should ask for a refund? We are essentially forced to board by the earliest 1:30pm (due to covid), which is fine. However it removes some key benefits. Like early boarding, and I’m assuming the Key lunch. 

I am unsure why they are still selling this as is. 

2 hours ago, MrK1ttens said:

I just checked into my Oct 30th cruise. And I’m unsure if I should ask for a refund? We are essentially forced to board by the earliest 1:30pm (due to covid), which is fine. However it removes some key benefits. Like early boarding, and I’m assuming the Key lunch. 

I would call and ask for some of your money back as they are not giving u the full benefits 

10 hours ago, MrK1ttens said:

You can just cancel it on the Cruise Planner.

• 1 month later...

Mine was just cancelled, but if the suites are still getting priority boarding why don't they just change that part of the Key?  I wanted the other parts of it, so what if the boarding & disembarkation process is different.

I tell you I hate getting emails from them since it's always about changes or cancellations of your cruise.  I rebooked my cruise from last year & they cancelled it for a December sailing.  The interesting thing was there was the SAME cruise only going out a day earlier & they didn't call to say they could move it, instead they just cancelled it.  I'm still waiting on the refunds (in 2 days it will be 45 days since I requested the refund) since I booked this November cruise pretty quickly.

It's just getting old.