With 18 days before sailing....the experience is going down hill fast

Why am I getting emails for all members of my cruising party telling us to schedule Antigen testing for day of sailing when of the 5 of us, only 1 is under age 11 and needs the antigen test day of cruise?

Calling the help number associated with the email is 100% useless as the poor woman can do nothing more than read the policy and not answer the question of WHY all 5 of us got a request to schedule the antigen test.

Additionally when trying to sign up/register for my 10 yr old...I am presented with "We are unable to verify your information. To complete your registration, it is important that you contact Royal Caribbean International. Click here for contact information" error message that RCCL rep on the other end of the line when calling the number provided also can not assist with.

1) You can ignore the ones send for vaccinated people or are under 2. It's pretty disappointing on RC's part how sloppy they've been with this stuff.

2) For your kid, once you get that error message, there's a link at the bottom that says "enter request ID." Click on that, manually enter all the info in along with the request ID from the email, and it'll work. Again, really sloppy on RC's part.

22 minutes ago, dodgestang said:

Why am I getting emails for all members of my cruising party telling us to schedule Antigen testing for day of sailing when of the 5 of us, only 1 is under age 11 and needs the antigen test day of cruise?

Calling the help number associated with the email is 100% useless as the poor woman can do nothing more than read the policy and not answer the question of WHY all 5 of us got a request to schedule the antigen test.

Additionally when trying to sign up/register for my 10 yr old...I am presented with "We are unable to verify your information. To complete your registration, it is important that you contact Royal Caribbean International. Click here for contact information" error message that RCCL rep on the other end of the line when calling the number provided also can not assist with.

Unfortunately this is “normal” from my own experience, we got the same emails for our cruise out of Nassau two weeks ago. You can ignore those that that don’t pertain to certain guests. Of course Royal could have narrowed this down on their side, but I just assume they’re placing the responsibility on the guest, but it can be confusing.

I also got the same error when trying to sign up my son for testing. The workaround is to copy the reference number they give you then do it manually. You can do this by clicking the link they give you when you get the error. I apologize for not remembering the specific wording, but it will work that way.

For us it was super useful to use a roll call here or Facebook group to deal with these various “issues” as someone else is most likely dealing with them too!

After the snafu with that unvaccinated woman who accidentally got a vaccinated wristband and then later tested positive and posted a bunch of videos blasting RCCL for it, I think they have to be safe rather than sorry.  If you are vaccinated, the email doesn't apply to you, just ignore it.  

46 minutes ago, Pattie A. said:

After the snafu with that unvaccinated woman who accidentally got a vaccinated wristband and then later tested positive and posted a bunch of videos blasting RCCL for it, I think they have to be safe rather than sorry.  If you are vaccinated, the email doesn't apply to you, just ignore it.  

Those mass emails were going out before that incident though.

8 minutes ago, Marlena said:

For anyone who has done this...is it easy to book a test for your kid at the same time as assigned boarding time?

I managed to fill out the form....it never asked me to pick a time.  So scheduling is nothing more than saying "i will need a test"....so I have to assume they are cross referencing with your check in time per boarding process and/or simply making sure they have enough manpower and tests

We did the "will need a test" response, never heard a word from Royal about how to schedule said test.

Finally called and was told "oh yeah we dont do that now, when you arrive to checkin they will just do it then" ... first question on arrival "did you schedule your test ahead of time" ... after they peeled me off the ceiling they waved us through to register, etc. and it took zero time ...

20 minutes ago, jticarruthers said:

We did the "will need a test" response, never heard a word from Royal about how to schedule said test.

Finally called and was told "oh yeah we dont do that now, when you arrive to checkin they will just do it then" ... first question on arrival "did you schedule your test ahead of time" ... after they peeled me off the ceiling they waved us through to register, etc. and it took zero time ...

That's just another example of how poorly RC has handled the outreach for testing.

All they needed to say was "please register for your test. This registration allows medical personnel to best prepare for how to staff for testing on your embarkation day. You do not need to register for a specific time for your test as this will be at the same time as your cruise check-in time"

Instead they just give vague messaging about it.

43 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

That's just another example of how poorly RC has handled the outreach for testing.

All they needed to say was "please register for your test. This registration allows medical personnel to best prepare for how to staff for testing on your embarkation day. You do not need to register for a specific time for your test as this will be at the same time as your cruise check-in time"

Instead they just give vague messaging about it.

Agreed. Once we went through into the "next area" they had 10 people sitting around to register people for testing (we were the only ones in line for one needed test), then onto the testing room where there were about a half dozen or so test takers. The whole process was fast and painless, just a momentary surge in frustration level and then it was all good.