RCL Odyssey of the seas test cruise tonight 7/19/21 leaves at 5pm e.s.t. from Pt Everglades Florida so the 7/31/21 looks like a go yipee !!!!!!

I'm dying to find out if my friend is onboard. He's back to Royal after a 2 year break and he can't tell me what ship he's on yet. (He's an officer) I'm guessing Odyssey. He was with Royal for 20 years and did a little stint with American Queen. Now he's back and my gut says Odyssey. Guess I'll find out soon if it is her. I hope so, would love to sail with him when we do our Holy Land October '22. 

Good luck Odyssey. Let's have a great sailing! 

34 minutes ago, twangster said:

About 700 "guests" on board, no kids.  Richard Fain is on board and sailing.  Thought is it that Michael Bayley was on board earlier today but is not sailing.  

Watched it depart on the Port Everglades webcam.  Looked like no more than 50 people on the pool deck for sailaway.  ?

12 hours ago, PG Cruiser said:

Does this mean I wasn’t randomly picked for this test cruise?  When were they going to tell me?  I need to tell my intercessors they can stop praying.

It just means you weren't picked for Odyssey. Plenty more test cruises coming up, and I would wager Royal has not filled out all of those spots yet in August.

Or at least, that's what I tell myself to make me sleep at night so I still have hope!

I suspect that South Florida test cruises will have a long list of volunteer HQ employees willing to be testers.

For other ports such as Oasis in Bayonne, Galveston, Seattle, Baltimore, San Juan potentially, etc. they may rely more on non-employee volunteers.

For anyone who volunteered in the latest recruitment offer I'm betting you'll have better odds if you don't have a FL zip code but are close to another port, even if they aren't ready to schedule test cruises there yet.  

46 minutes ago, cruisellama said:

If the CSO is in a "recommendation state" as opposed to a mandate, does the test really carry the sail/no sail weight it previously did?

Thus far, it seems the cruise lines are still playing ball with the CDC and doing test cruises and following CSO regardless.

That could change, but I haven't heard/read any deviations announced by any line yet from CSO.