Shore excursion protocols for Adventure

smokeybandit

Since RC is so poor at putting out clear messaging, I'm hoping someone can translate this.

Does this just mean that no unvaccinated people can get off the ship outside of RC excursions?  Or does this meanthat if you came on the ship with an unvaccinated person that you cannot freely explore ports even if the unvaccinated person stays on the ship?  What is the definition of "party" here? Cruise party or shore excursion party? 

When visiting ports other than Perfect Day at CocoCay, parties that include unvaccinated guests, including parents traveling with unvaccinated children, are required to participate in shore excursions offered by local tour operators approved by Royal Caribbean. These tours meet our health and safety requirements for unvaccinated guests. Entirely vaccinated traveling parties may visit the port freely. All guests are subject to restrictions and requirements as defined by local authorities in the ports we visit. Details will be provided onboard.

I interpret it to mean that if you are unvaccinated, or want to get off the ship with someone who is unvaccinated, then you need a shore excursion.  If you, and everyone getting off the ship with you, are vaccinated, then you can do what you want.

This seems to jive with what Matt has shared about his experience on Adventure. 

4 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

Does this just mean that no unvaccinated people can get off the ship outside of RC excursions?  Or does this meanthat if you came on the ship with an unvaccinated person that you cannot freely explore ports even if the unvaccinated person stays on the ship?  What is the definition of "party" here? Cruise party or shore excursion party? 

It means if anyone is unvaccinated, you cannot do tours on your own.  This includes vaccinated parents with unvaccinated kids.

But if the unvaccinated person stays on the ship (i.e. I drop my kids off at Adventure Ocean), the vaccinated people can do their own tours.

As for the definition of party, it means who you're booked with AND I think linked reservations.

So what exactly is the procedure for after your (unvaccinated) excursion ends?  Does someone police you at the end of your event to ensure the unvaccinated get immediately back on the ship?  Or is there nothing stopping them from just staying on the island all day?  

36 minutes ago, ScottC said:

So what exactly is the procedure for after your (unvaccinated) excursion ends?  Does someone police you at the end of your event to ensure the unvaccinated get immediately back on the ship?  Or is there nothing stopping them from just staying on the island all day?  

If you don't return to the ship and have your seapass card scanned with the excursion group you'll be spending more than the rest of that day on the island.  That will be the end of your cruise.  

Just to clarify...I'm not some entitled Karen trying to game the system, I just wanted to better understand what the actual rules and procedures are so I can better prepare my family's vacation.  Like was mentioned earlier in the thread, RC is not very clear on the web about how their policies are actually implemented.  

Particular question about the Gold Creek Salmon Bake excursion in Juneau, Alaska. As I understand, this excursion drops you at the salmon bake and then there are continuous shuttles returning back to the cruise docks every 20 minutes. If we want to stay for more than the 90-minute time allotted by the cruise planner will we get in trouble? I feel like this is a place where you could easily spend 2 hours or more just enjoying the scenery and food.