RCL App Updates - Cruise Planner not working?

I'm looking for feedback on how to "manage" the RCL app.  I've uninstalled/reinstalled it twice on my iPhone with the same results, which are:

My reservation on Freedom OTS (4 night) in 134 days keeps on showing up as "We're working on the fun. Check back later for more details. Sailing on a Charter [no, I'm not]? Details of your adventure await onboard." , but my Oasis OTS (7 night) in 140 days shows up in all its glory.  Any ideas on how/why I can / cannot see the earlier sailing on the app?

Edited by SpeedNoodles
merged another thread with this one, updated the title only to reflect both

The problem isn't your app, Royal has not made that content available yet for a particular sailing.

The app is essentially a browser to content stored on Royal servers somewhere.  

Simply stated they haven't finished making plans for that cruise.

I'm under 40 days on some and they are still working on the fun.  It's not your app, it's Royal Caribbean.  

2 hours ago, twangster said:

The problem isn't your app, Royal has not made that content available yet for a particular sailing.

The app is essentially a browser to content stored on Royal servers somewhere.  

Simply stated they haven't finished making plans for that cruise.

I'm under 40 days on some and they are still working on the fun.  It's not your app, it's Royal Caribbean.  

To piggy back on this, the part about all charter isn’t specific to your cruise, it’s just a “boilerplate” statement to cover all the bases. 

9 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

<technical talk>

The actual error message that comes back from the server that forces the "sorry" popup is that the reservation is locked.

Hmmm -- how does one view the actual error message from the server?  And what does "the reservation is locked" imply?

11 minutes ago, IRMO12HD said:

Hmmm -- how does one view the actual error message from the server?  And what does "the reservation is locked" imply?

If you're on a desktop/laptop, click F12 in your browser, it'll bring up the "developer console." Click the Network tab and you'll see all sorts of stuff flying by. Once it's open, attempt to get to your cruise planner, you'll see the highlighted below:

image.thumb.png.95b8a2a391c63d3678e309337e28d9d4.png

Double click on the highlighted row, it'll give you an encoded error message, but it's human readable enough so you can see something like "reservation is locked"

I can access my cruise planner (right now at least) so when I double click on that it gives me nothing at all. 

If anyone is in your booking, such as a travel agent or a Royal agent, it locks the booking.  Only one person can be in making changes including you in the cruise planner.  If Royal has some automated task that touches a booking that too can lock it briefly, or what is supposed to be briefly.  

Sounds like they had some automated task didn't exit cleanly and is holding some bookings in a locked state, or the connection between two application flows in the backend is broken causing the error.  

• SpeedNoodles changed the title to RCL App Updates - Cruise Planner not working?

Well I just checked on my cruises and it is only showing 2 of my booked cruises... the closest one that is 130'ish days out is not showing but when I go to link it with the reservation number it says that it is already linked even though it does not show up on the planner. Weird!!

Not if this is relevant to anyone else, but I've notice that over the last week, on my PC my personal VPN software has not let me get into the cruise planner when connected to some endpoints.  If I disable the VPN or change my connection point it works fine.  Figured i'd share.

Stay Safe.

30 minutes ago, Reigert2008 said:

Not if this is relevant to anyone else, but I've notice that over the last week, on my PC my personal VPN software has not let me get into the cruise planner when connected to some endpoints.  If I disable the VPN or change my connection point it works fine.  Figured i'd share.

Stay Safe.

I noticed the same thing 

I've had the CP issues as well. Tried everything, clearing cache / data, incognito, different browser, different computers. Yesterday I was finally able to get into one of my sailings to price check, but couldn't get in any of the others.

Today I could close the "check back in 15 minutes" message and try again (without waiting) with success! 

I have these issues too. 
My tried and true method of dealing with it (after much research, analysis, evaluation and experimentation…mulling over the intricacies and possibilities) is to first have a drink. Then, after thinking long and hard…another drink. Sooner or later the app will get back to normal. Ish inebidable.?

Nothing against anyone that works for them, Has anything with Royal IT ever worked consistently?  I have never understood how a company that depends so heavily on technology for almost every aspect of it's focus could have an IT department that is, well, like it is.