Cheaper sailing price

Hi everyone, 

As per some of the advice in this group, I've been monitoring the price of my cruise like a hawk. I noticed that the price dropped on my trip so I took some screenshots and sent them to my travel agent. Is that the right thing to do? What happens when you do actually find a cheaper price? Is there financial reimbursement or OBC from RC? 

Cruise with Confidence…If the price drops before final payment, then the cost will be adjusted and a new reservation confirmation will be sent with the new info. 
If the price drops after final payment, you will receive the difference as an onboard credit. 
I have a lot of cruises pending and have made adjustments due to price drops several times already. Very easy.

Where do you live?

In North America:

Prior to final payment you can have you price adjusted unless it was the taxes and port fees that dropped in price.  

Once final payment has been made you may be able to get a price adjustment in the form of an OBC or On Board Credit through the Best Price Guarantee program.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/best-price-guarantee-policy

This program can be dependent where you live as individual countries have different consumer protection laws.

Also note that depending on your category of cabin it may not have dropped in price.  Sometimes they may offer a guarantee cabin within your cabin type.  For example if you are booked in a 4D balcony and they begin to offer a balcony guarantee fare that may not qualify and switching categories isn't always the best choice or possible.    

I would also suggest you call your travel agent as the price adjustment may only be available if the cheaper rate is still present when they call Royal Caribbean.  If they take several days to act on your request the price adjustment may not be available anymore.

13 minutes ago, twangster said:

Where do you live?

In North America:

Prior to final payment you can have you price adjusted unless it was the taxes and port fees that dropped in price.  

Once final payment has been made you may be able to get a price adjustment in the form of an OBC or On Board Credit through the Best Price Guarantee program.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/best-price-guarantee-policy

This program can be dependent where you live as individual countries have different consumer protection laws.

Also note that depending on your category of cabin it may not have dropped in price.  Sometimes they may offer a guarantee cabin within your cabin type.  For example if you are booked in a 4D balcony and they begin to offer a balcony guarantee fare that may not qualify and switching categories isn't always the best choice or possible.    

I would also suggest you call your travel agent as the price adjustment may only be available if the cheaper rate is still present when they call Royal Caribbean.  If they take several days to act on your request the price adjustment may not be available anymore.

I sent her a message last night. I'm working with MEI and Kathy's been very helpful! 

Are any of theses cruises mentioned when a price drop appears, that a new and lower price is given before final payment not after final where an OBC is given. Is it RCCL that will automatically lower your price and send you a new invoice? I'm not sure that all Travel Agents would do that while trying to keep track of all their clients. Or should one feel that its better to do business with someone you can trust or rely on RCCL to do that for you?

1 hour ago, DW drummer said:

Are any of theses cruises mentioned when a price drop appears, that a new and lower price is given before final payment not after final where an OBC is given. Is it RCCL that will automatically lower your price and send you a new invoice? I'm not sure that all Travel Agents would do that while trying to keep track of all their clients. Or should one feel that its better to do business with someone you can trust or rely on RCCL to do that for you?

No, Royal will not do anything automatically. It’s up to your travel agent to reprice it to get the lower price. 

Some agencies automatically check at a given threshold on your behalf. But no price drop changes in your cost occurs unless you or your TA initiates the request. 

I check for price drops on a regular basis.  I usually have several pending cruises.  When I notice a drop I call my travel agent and she takes care of the changes.

I have had one rate decrease by $1,500.  That is a lot!  So, I check at least weekly.

2 hours ago, DW drummer said:

If your travel agent doesn’t have time to do this because they are “keeping track of all their clients”, you need a new travel agent.

14 minutes ago, Pooch said:

If your travel agent doesn’t have time to do this because they are “keeping track of all their clients”, you need a new travel agent.

Not a problem with MEI! They have always contacted me first about a price drop before I even checked!

Happy Cruising!

Checked ours yesterday, only a small drop (about 130€ - but hey ?). I emailed them.

But - the second cabin cannot be simulated as booked as there are no more cabins for three people (1 ad, 2 kids) available?

Any suggestions I could try it another way?

Caro

On 7/18/2021 at 2:32 PM, DW drummer said:

I'm not sure that all Travel Agents would do that while trying to keep track of all their clients. Or should one feel that its better to do business with someone you can trust or rely on RCCL to do that for you?

Sometimes clients will contact me before I have had a chance to check the sale or they happen to spot a lower price. I try to be proactive, but sometimes it happens that clients are on top of it! That's ok, and sometimes they are correct, sometimes they are not (most of the time it happens that they forgot they booked refundable or added gratuities on).

But checking prices is part of the service we provide. Yep, it's a huge pain for those of us who book a lot of Royal Caribbean. But it's worth it if you can save some money!

1 hour ago, Sharla said:

Sometimes clients will contact me before I have had a chance to check the sale or they happen to spot a lower price. I try to be proactive, but sometimes it happens that clients are on top of it! That's ok, and sometimes they are correct, sometimes they are not (most of the time it happens that they forgot they booked refundable or added gratuities on).

But checking prices is part of the service we provide. Yep, it's a huge pain for those of us who book a lot of Royal Caribbean. But it's worth it if you can save some money!

Sharla has been great getting the pricing on our cruises adjusted, as well as moving and changing our rooms.