Adventure production shows

Tyro

Looking at the Adventures cruise compass for sailings out of Nassau I’ve noticed that there is what seems to be  only one production show on a 7 day cruise. I swear in the past they normally do one every other night or so Is this a covid change? I figure they’d prefer to do production shows over the guest entertainers they have. (Which seem to be on the same guests ship since the restart, but Im not sure if guests normally stay on the ships for longer of time.) I don’t think there is currently any other 7 day sailings as Freedom is doing short cruises but is this to be expected for the near future fleet wide?  

10 minutes ago, twangster said:

It stands to reason there will be changes.  With some shows designated as vaccinated only and limited capacity per show they'll have to adjust the entertainment line up so that everyone gets a chance to see a show.

I understand that, I mostly find it odd how they seem to be leaning more on guest entertainment at the moment than production cast, I would have thought they would lean on production cast for initial sailings to keep everything internal and have more control. 

1 hour ago, Tyro said:

Looking at the Adventures cruise compass for sailings out of Nassau I’ve noticed that there is what seems to be  only one production show on a 7 day cruise. I swear in the past they normally do one every other night or so Is this a covid change? I figure they’d prefer to do production shows over the guest entertainers they have. (Which seem to be on the same guests ship since the restart, but Im not sure if guests normally stay on the ships for longer of time.) I don’t think there is currently any other 7 day sailings as Freedom is doing short cruises but is this to be expected for the near future fleet wide?  

When I sailed adventure back in June, there was a pretty healthy grouping of shows.  They had the production show and the ice show (which i consider similar), as well as a comedian, and a latin musical act, IMPACT.

Beyond that there was the usual poolside music, the busker in the pub, and various events in the lounge. 

With distanced shows, they had each show multiple times throughout the week. Im sure  there was difficulty getting shows together with quarantines etc for the crew.  I believe adventure was originally scheduled on 4/5 day type cruises as well, before being assigned this cruise set, so that may have played a roll as well.  

We found this odd as well when we cruised July 3-10. The production show (Invitation to Dance, which we’ve seen before on other ships) was only shown twice on the second night. Honestly not sure what they have them doing the rest of the week as the other shows did not make use of them.

Fortunately having Kieron Cox in the pub made us not care about the rest of the entertainment as much. Definitely one of the better ice shows too even though it’s been around a long time.

30 minutes ago, Biff215 said:

We found this odd as well when we cruised July 3-10. The production show (Invitation to Dance, which we’ve seen before on other ships) was only shown twice on the second night. Honestly not sure what they have them doing the rest of the week as the other shows did not make use of them.

Fortunately having Kieron Cox in the pub made us not care about the rest of the entertainment as much. Definitely one of the better ice shows too even though it’s been around a long time.

Yeah, that’s what I find odd is they seemly have a full time cast on for one night a week. Cuz my memory is at least 2 production shows, like the harmony is Grease and Columbus, then they will randomly do a welcome show or a show where it’s them singing and dancing to songs they picked in more of a concert setting then production show.