Transportation for FFL to Port Everglades

nydvc

Hello everyone;

Excited to be going on my first mega ship the Oasis in a few weeks. We will be dropping a rental car off at FLL airport and have to get to Port everglades. Our thought is to drop luggage off early at the ship and then drop rental car off and head back to the port. 

Question:  What would be the options for getting back to the port. I am thinking Taxi, I am reading on line its about $20 but how old is that info? Anyone used taxi frequently?  Uber is another options. Never used it but thinking of trying it. Also we would not be adverse to a shuttle but Yelp had some preatty poor reviews about the "GO" shuttle service. 

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated. 

Thanks

Rich

Do you know whether your rental car company offers a location closer to the port with shuttle service? For example, Avis has a location nearby with a shuttle. You could drop off your luggage, return your rental car at the non-airport location, and then take their shuttle back to the port.

We often do a one-way rental from the airport to the location by the port.

For example, with Avis, it's location QF1.

Do you know whether your rental car company offers a location closer to the port with shuttle service? For example, Avis has a location nearby with a shuttle. You could drop off your luggage, return your rental car at the non-airport location, and then take their shuttle back to the port.

We often do a one-way rental from the airport to the location by the port.

For example, with Avis, it's location QF1.

Good point. I will check. Right now with have a reservation with Alamo. Not sure they have a return desk closer with shuttle but I will check. 

thanks

I'm local, so I don't generally rent cars at the airport or port in Ft Lauderdale, but they're so close, that I'd bet they use the same location for both.

That in mind, I'd take a cab or Uber to make it quick and simple.  An easy $20 convenience fee (to me personally).  You could also call the car rental return location and ask if they can just take you to the port.  They may have a shuttle that goes there anyway for people renting on arrival.  It doesn't hurt to ask.

I used a taxi last january for both to and from FLL. But paid a little more for the day we arrived because of the heavier traffic in and around terminal 18 (about 22$)

We droped our rental car in the big building just in front of terminal 1, and walk across the street using the suspended pathway into terminal 1. 

The taxi hub is just outside on your left. 

I'm local, so I don't generally rent cars at the airport or port in Ft Lauderdale, but they're so close, that I'd bet they use the same location for both.

That in mind, I'd take a cab or Uber to make it quick and simple.  An easy $20 convenience fee (to me personally).  You could also call the car rental return location and ask if they can just take you to the port.  They may have a shuttle that goes there anyway for people renting on arrival.  It doesn't hurt to ask.

Good idea, I will check with the rental agent.  I totally agree with you for $20 bucks its worth it. But is that what it costs these days?

Thanks for your input. 

I used a taxi last january for both to and from FLL. But paid a little more for the day we arrived because of the heavier traffic in and around terminal 18 (about 22$)

We droped our rental car in the big building just in front of terminal 1, and walk across the street using the suspended pathway into terminal 1. 

The taxi hub is just outside on your left. 

Good...... so it does run about $20 - 25.  That seems well worth it.  The shuttle is about half that but with the bad reviews about the shuttle service  it seems well worth the extra for the cab.  Good to know how close the rental returns are from the cab stand. 

thanks for the info. 

Rich

Back in March our group used Uber to get to and from the port. We had several people and luggage so we got a LUX SUV, which is suburban, expedition, denali, ect...  The cost was around $50 for each trip, but if you can fit in something something smaller I am sure you could save some money.  I also like uber because of the ease of payment, and all the uber vehicles I have been in were always cleaner than a taxi.  Just my 2 cents worth.

Back in March our group used Uber to get to and from the port. We had several people and luggage so we got a LUX SUV, which is suburban, expedition, denali, ect...  The cost was around $50 for each trip, but if you can fit in something something smaller I am sure you could save some money.  I also like uber because of the ease of payment, and all the uber vehicles I have been in were always cleaner than a taxi.  Just my 2 cents worth.

Good Point, thanks for your input. May try Uber. Never had, they dont serve our area yet. 

The past two times I have dropped rentals at FLL, Alamo/National renters could take a free shuttle bus to the port.  The frequency of the shuttle service did leave something to be desired, however.

Thats what they are telling me. I do worry a little about timing and the rental cost for the car to drop off near the port is a little higher. 

The two are practically across from each other divided by  US1.....as a matter of fact, you can see one from the other.   Take a cab.....and you won't be bothered with rental car pick up and drop off.  

Thanks appreciate the input. Sounds like thats the way I'm going. You make it sound like walking is an option.  :-)

We did the shuttle recommended by Royal Caribbean.  Wouldn't do that again.  Too much waiting at the airport for the shuttle to arrive.  Taxi the best option.  Airports pretty close to the cruise terminal.

Thanks. Thats good info. stay away from the shuttle. If it was the serving the airport, boy was there some bad reviews on trip advisor. I'm staying away from theml  I think it was named "Go" ? maybe?