CSO Update?

28 minutes ago, Tarheel0907 said:

So what happens after tomorrow night 

For Florida sailings, anything in the CSO operations manual that were requirements become recommendations. If the cruise lines will take advantage of the change is an unknown at this time.

All other US sailings the CSO operations manual requirements would still be required.

13 minutes ago, Tarheel0907 said:

Do you think the cruise lines will change? I don’t  

Not immediately.   We could see them stretch cruise length beyond 7 days, or maybe allow something beyond a B2B (with protocols)  - but that's just a guess of something they could push forward and cover within the protocols.

Has it really gone away? History shows us that just because Royal is still selling cabins doesn't mean they will actually sail.

As we slowly inch our way to January, and though it is still five months away, i am concerned about my B2B2B sailings on Anthem out of Bayonne, NJ, as they are 11 nights each. 

In addition, I have a B2B2B (8/6/8) starting in Feb. on Odyssey.

14 minutes ago, MaritimeR&R said:

Has it really gone away? History shows us that just because Royal is still selling cabins doesn't mean they will actually sail.

As we slowly inch our way to January, and though it is still five months away, i am concerned about my B2B2B sailings on Anthem out of Bayonne, NJ, as they are 11 nights each. 

In addition, I have a B2B2B (8/6/8) starting in Feb. on Odyssey.

Ask me after your 8 night cruises ? (or my 14 and 9 night cruises).

The original CSO banned the cruise lines from offering voyages longer than 7 days.  They couldn't sell them or market them.   Recently Royal started doing just that.  

There appears to be what is published on the internet for the CSO and there appears to be some communication between the cruise lines and the CDC the public isn't privy to.  

I have B2Bs in September and October on the Oasis from Bayonne. I’m hoping these cruises go off without a problem. Oasis is doing test cruising from Bayonne next month and then the paying cruises begin. I don’t see a problem with the back to backs happening but I’m sure turn around day is going to be very different. Usually in Bayonne when I did B2Bs on the Anthem, we stayed aboard in the Diamond Lounge until zero count, and then…after CBP viewed our passports…we were allowed out of the lounge. Now, I hear we’ll have to disembark…have to take a PCR test because we were ‘out of the country’ and wait until the results come back negative (sweating anxiously with all finger and toes crossed)…and then board. Oh, well…it is what it is. Can’t wait to get back to cruising!

34 minutes ago, twangster said:

Ask me after your 8 night cruises ? (or my 14 and 9 night cruises).

The original CSO banned the cruise lines from offering voyages longer than 7 days.  They couldn't sell them or market them.   Recently Royal started doing just that.  

There appears to be what is published on the internet for the CSO and there appears to be some communication between the cruise lines and the CDC the public isn't privy to.  

I believe that there are behind the scenes talks going on and we may see some things change without much of an announcement. 

42 minutes ago, twangster said:

I had a B2B an 11 night and an 8 night scheduled for January into Feb 2021 which were eventually cancelled.  I L&S the eleven night to Jan. 9 of 2022 but could not L&S the 8 night as only a 9 night was offered for 2021. Instead I had to lift and shift to Odyssey out of PC which entailed a flight, a hotel, etc.  so I added two more cruises to that one as to fly, etc. is not worth it to me for one cruise.  Royal never stopped selling my 2021 cruises until they cancelled them.  They also have never stopped sailing the 11 night on Anthem or the 8 nighters on Odyssey as these sail after the CSO is due to expire.  Who knows what will really happen at that point.  I just know that I am very tired of dealing with FCC's.