Double Points Head Scratcher

So here is my head scratcher of the day on the double points promotion.  As background, my wife and I are already D+ sailing our way to Pinnacle.  Anyway, we have a B2B booked on the Ovation in November 2022 out of Sydney that qualifies for the double point promotion.  A total of 21 nights in a OS for a total of 84 points.  This is a celebratory retirement cruise for the wife. 

As you know Australia is having some real challenges and they are VERY restrictive on allowing folks into the country.  The final payment will be due August next year.  IF, Australia is not yet open and heaven forbid RCCL cancels theses sailings in fall 2022, would the double points stay with the booking numbers even if we had to push the cancelled sailings into 2023?

The other problem not related to the points issue is do we simply cancel these cruises out of Sydney off our bucket-list and rebook to something that has a much better chance of not being cancelled?

I know these are first world problems but being retired gives me way to much time to think and spend our retirement savings.

And remember, You Deserve a Cruise.....

Double points expire December 2022. They do not transfer with cruises, rather are by sail dates.  Latest extension by Royal~Royal Caribbean announced it has extended the Loyalty 2X Points benefit so that it applies to existing bookings, as well as new bookings made between now and September 30, 2021 for cruises sailing through December 31, 2022.

They do not attach to reservation numbers rather are awarded  by sail dates not reservation #. Does that answer the question you are asking ?  At this point nothing that sails in 2023 will be eligible for double points.

Edited by luvstodans

FCC down under has different expirations dates.  It's possible if the 2021-2022 season is completely scrapped in Australia they'll offer a different double points promo as well, unique to Australia and New Zealand.  So far they have not.  Time will tell.  

However the FCC date adjustment for Australian cruises only applies to bookings made on the Australian website, it doesn't appear that Australian bookings made on the US website have received the extended FCC dates.  So it's unlikely that a US resident booking an Australian cruise on the US website would benefit from a potential extended double points promo either.

Not trying to hijack this thread, but I too have a question. 

A little Background.  This is my Second RCCL Cruise.  We went on our 25th Wedding anniversary in 2016. We stayed in a balcony room that earned us 7 points. 

This time we booked a Grand Suite and from what I understand points are doubled because of getting this room so that would add another 14 Points.  

My questions is... If I booked a cruise in June 2020 for 7 Days on Symphony of the Seas for a Oct 16th, 2021 sailing..., does this booking qualify for the Double Points?  This would bring my total point earn for this cruise to 28, bringing my total to35, which would be nice, since it would take me to Platinum level.

AND, is there somewhere that shows how many points will be earned for the trip?  I looked on my invoice and I have clicked around the Crown & Anchor Society but couldn't find anything.

Thanks for all you do!

Yes, since the cruise was booked prior to September 30, 2021 AND you are at least GOLD Crown & Anchor member when you begin the cruise, your 7 night Symphony cruise will give you 28 points.  This also assumes that your Crown & Anchor member was listed on the reservation at the time of booking and you complete the cruise.

Hopefully this link will take you to the website and the details for the program:

CruisesCrown & Anchor Society Double Points Offer FAQs | Royal Caribbean Cruises

12 minutes ago, Hoppy2cruise said:

This also assumes that your Crown & Anchor member was listed on the reservation at the time of booking and you complete the cruise.

Yes, it was listed on the reservation since I was using the same account that I created in 2016.

There was a second question...  Is there somewhere that shows how many points will be earned for the trip?  I looked on my invoice and I have clicked around the Crown & Anchor Society but couldn't find anything.

Again, Thanks for everything.

1 hour ago, SteveM said:

Yes, it was listed on the reservation since I was using the same account that I created in 2016.

There was a second question...  Is there somewhere that shows how many points will be earned for the trip?  I looked on my invoice and I have clicked around the Crown & Anchor Society but couldn't find anything.

Again, Thanks for everything.

Points to be earned are not listed anywhere on your reservation or invoice.  For most cabins, it is 1 point per night.  

Exceptions: suites receive an extra point per night as do guests staying alone in a double occupancy cabin (so solo in a suite = 3 points per night).    

Whatever number of points that are normally received are doubled during the 2X incentive.

In your case, you’ll receive 1 point per night + 1 extra point for being in a suite.  7 x 2 = 14 x 2 = 28  for the cruise.

Approximately 2 weeks after you complete the cruise, your Crown & Anchor points will be updated to reflect points earned on that cruise.  You’ll find  your total earned points when you log onto your account.