Test Cruise Invite

50 minutes ago, Matt said:

Right now, the CSO is a recommendation in Florida due to the win awarded by Merryday (and subsequently denied stay for the CSO).

Could the CSO go back into effect if one of the CDC's appeals wins? Absolutely.

In practical terms and in light of what the Bayley statement reflects, I agree with your points. 

The law can be a niggling nuisance though and that's at play in the question of whether or not the CSO is enforceable in FL. 

Until the CDC's appeals process on the preliminary inunction is complete, I do not believe the default position is that Merryday's preliminary injunction goes into affect, i.e., on or after July 18th. 

I do think there is room for both takes on this. We might get some clarification this week from the Merryday court.

On 7/26/2021 at 12:28 PM, Ash1425 said:

Anyone receive an invite for symphony yet? I was told Friday they hadn’t gone out. Thought they would definitely go out today since it’s set to sail in 6 days! 

I have a friend who's wife is a travel agent living in South Florida and they received their invitation for Symphony a couple of weeks ago.  My last hope would be Mariner I guess.

I’m also hoping for an invite on Oasis out of Bayonne. Easy drive to the port. But, I would only be able to go solo…don’t know if they want two passengers per invite. Either way…tick tock…Oasis test sail date keeps getting closer. Fingers crossed.

3 hours ago, BrianB said:

I’m also hoping for an invite on Oasis out of Bayonne. Easy drive to the port. But, I would only be able to go solo…don’t know if they want two passengers per invite. Either way…tick tock…Oasis test sail date keeps getting closer. Fingers crossed.

Brian, 99% of the time, I am solo. I would imagine RCG is aware of that, so I wouldn't consider your sailing solo a disqualifier.

7 hours ago, MaritimeR&R said:

Received my second invite -- this time for Independence out of Galveston --hoping to get one for Oasis - a port I can drive to as last minute airfare is outrageous.

Thank you for this update and please let us know if you do get one for the Oasis!  ?

32 minutes ago, Matt said:

Thanks @Matt. That list is getting short. Hopefully some new test cruises will be announced soon.

I still have my fingers crossed for a Baltimore test cruise invite. I am hopeful that by the time they get to Enchantment of the Seas, lower level Crown & Anchor members will be top of the list. ?

It’s official! The Volunteers of the Seas sweepstakes opens this Friday, August 6. ☀️ Stay tuned here for more information on how to enter and your chance to join us on a Simulated Voyage. Ready to set sail?
--
No purchase necessary. Open to legal residents of the 50 U.S. /D.C. Excluding MT, age 18+ (19+ in AL and NE, 21+ in MS). Void in MT, outside the 50 U.S. /DC, and where prohibited. Starts 12:00:01 AM ET on August 6, 2021; ends 12:00:01 AM ET on August 7, 2021. Total ARV for all 1,125 Grand Prize(s): $731,250. For full Official Rules see bio. Prize excludes transportation to and from the vessel and hotel accommodations. Sponsor: Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd.

It seems to me this is probably a way for them to write off a portion of the cost for test cruises as part of a marketing expense. I also wonder if the "winners" are on the hook for taxes given that it's a prize. I bet it's born partly out of the fact that following the CSO to the letter isn't necessarily required anymore, and the belief that treading this closely to something that could be construed as a revenue sailing will still be viewed by the CDC as voluntary compliance in spirit.

Maybe my attitude is wrong but.......

This new sweepstakes just feels wrong to me. It makes me feel like I have been moved to the back of the line again after patiently waiting my turn in the original random drawing for test cruises.

I should have known this was just a way to get my marketing information like the "free vacation" at the time share resort.

12 minutes ago, Chawkjewel said:

Have they sent out invitations for the Mariner test cruise yet?  Isn't that supposed to be next week?  I haven't seen anyone post that they have been invited.

Maybe they’re gonna fill it with “sweepstakes winners”?  ??‍♂️

I just got this email, did you? 

Royal Caribbean

ABOUT YOUR UPCOMING TRAVELS

Hello Potential Volunteer of the Seas!

Thank you so much for expressing your interest in being a volunteer and helping us prepare our ships for their return to sea.

And now, the exciting part – we will soon be accepting entries to officially register for your chance to be part of one of our simulation cruises! The entry period begins on August 6, 2021 at 12:00:01 a.m. EDT and ends on August 7, 2021 at 12:00:01 a.m. EDT.

Upon completion and submission of your entry form, you will automatically be entered with 1 entry into the sweepstakes. If you’re a Crown & Anchor member, we’ll automatically provide you with additional entries – so you only need to submit your entry once! Here is the breakdown:

• Pinnacle members: 11 additional entries
  • Diamond Plus members: 9 additional entries
  • Diamond members: 7 additional entries
  • Emerald members: 5 additional entries
  • Platinum members: 3 additional entries
  • Gold members: 1 additional entry

If you are not a Crown & Anchor member, not to worry! You can submit additional entries – up to a total of 12 entries per person! Diamond Plus tiers and below, you can also submit additional entries to reach the 12 entry maximum.

The excitement is building and we wish you luck in the drawing! Hope to sea you onboard soon!

Sincerely,

Volunteers of the Seas Team

Royal Caribbean International