Test Cruise Invite

1 hour ago, twangster said:

Status Update:

2032660393_ScreenShot2021-07-22at2_09_41PM.jpg.134d58dd4cf58da7c8ae0976ec009467.jpg

Thank you for registering for the Allure of the Seas® simulation voyage. We've reserved your stateroom and reservation numbers will be provided to you once manifested. A system generated invoice will automatically be sent to the email address on record. Please proceed with making your travel arrangements*. For more information, please reference your event info document. We also ask that you acknowledge the informed consent form that will be sent to each guest, as it is required prior to confirming your reservation. We can't wait to welcome you onboard Allure of the Seas!

What's the itinerary?

9 minutes ago, Ampurp85 said:

Congrats @twangster, few more months until I am on her. Enjoy the shows, lobster night and wearing your best prom tuxedo. ....that is unless you get stuck playing an unvaxxed pax. If that is the case, through a fit about testing positive and declare RCG set you up....??

Madly trying to learn the TikTok app as I write this... just in case.

@twangster I don't understand TikTok, Instagram or any of those things. I barely understand the Facebook. The youths/crazies have no understanding of living and enjoyment. On the plus side, I hope you are able to blog about your experiences later...also you lucked up. I read some people are paying $600+ for airline tickets and hotel reservations.

23 hours ago, twangster said:

Status Update:

2032660393_ScreenShot2021-07-22at2_09_41PM.jpg.134d58dd4cf58da7c8ae0976ec009467.jpg

Thank you for registering for the Allure of the Seas® simulation voyage. We've reserved your stateroom and reservation numbers will be provided to you once manifested. A system generated invoice will automatically be sent to the email address on record. Please proceed with making your travel arrangements*. For more information, please reference your event info document. We also ask that you acknowledge the informed consent form that will be sent to each guest, as it is required prior to confirming your reservation. We can't wait to welcome you onboard Allure of the Seas!

Looking forward to see how it goes. We are booked for the 22nd of August on Allure

8 hours ago, SpeedNoodles said:

So they can require vaccinations for test cruises out of Florida but not for regular cruises out of Florida?

I'm still not sure Carnival is getting away with its lottery system for exemptions from their vaccination requirement in Florida.  Very few win the lottery and are allowed to sail unvaccinated.  Most are denied.  How does that pass the Florida law?

Maybe the state realizes it would face a difficult time in court so they aren't enforcing it.  You know, like the whole thing was for show, a stunt.     

Question for @Matt .........

In your front page article, "CDC Will Enforce Mask Mandate for Cruises Despite Court Lifting Cruise Ship Restrictions," you state that (paraphrased) "the CSO is no longer enforceable on cruise ships sailing from FL ports."

I don't think it is yet clear what the status of the CSO is. While it is accurate that technically given that the 11th USCOA denied the CDC's appeal to stay the Middle Court of FL's injunction of the CSO, that preliminary injunction scheduled to be effective July 18th, also technically the appeals process is not yet completed. It still could be heard by SCOTUS and some think it will be. Either that or SCOTUS will decide not to hear it and then the 11th's ruling will stand. At that point, the enforceability of the CSO only on ships sailing from FL ports will end. Meanwhile the CSO may still be enforceable.

I realize the CDC's statement yesterday on masks, seems to imply they feel the other provisions of the CSO aren't enforceable???? 

Some think that Judge Merryday might issue clarification of the court's position on the CSO pending either the outcome of the appeals process or the outcome of the trial court that convenes on August 12th this coming week. 

Are you hearing something else and more definitive on the enforceability of the CSO? Any of our other legal beagles here?

14 minutes ago, JeffB said:

Question for Matt .........

In your front page article, "CDC Will Enforce Mask Mandate for Cruises Despite Court Lifting Cruise Ship Restrictions," you state that (paraphrased) "the CSO is no longer enforceable on cruise ships sailing from FL ports."

I don't think it is yet clear what the status of the CSO is. While it is accurate that technically given that the 11th USCOA denied the CDC's appeal to stay the Middle Court of FL's injunction of the CSO, that preliminary injunction scheduled to be effective July 18th, also technically the appeals process is not yet completed. It still could be heard by SCOTUS and some think it will be. Either that or SCOTUS will decide not to hear it and then the 11th's ruling will stand. At that point, the enforceability of the CSO only on ships sailing from FL ports will end. Meanwhile the CSO may still be enforceable.

I realize the CDC's statement yesterday on masks, seems to imply they feel the other provisions of the CSO aren't enforceable???? 

Some think that Judge Merryday might issue clarification of the court's position on the CSO pending either the outcome of the appeals process or the outcome of the trial court that convenes on August 12th this coming week. 

Are you hearing something else and more definitive on the enforceability of the CSO? Any of our other legal beagles here?

I think it's mostly a moot point.  

On the heels of the latest action Michael Bayley has already stated that Royal will voluntarily follow CDC guidelines and recommendations.  

IMG_8353.thumb.jpg.b5742e5b0246c34e02abdd2b49c7b1d6.jpg

19 minutes ago, twangster said:

I think it's mostly a moot point.  

Legally, I don't think it is moot. Practically, and in light of the Bayley Tweet. yes.

Moreover, I think it has been pretty clear that RCL, among other lines, more or less, worked with the CDC to make cruise ships not become vectors of SARS2 since the issuance of the CSO. It seems to that end, the cooperation has produced the desired outcome .... so far.

Insofar as the injunction is concerned…it addresses primarily the CSO and it’s mandatory rules vs recommended guidelines.

I think the big issue here is what will be decided in the future regarding the CDC (a part of an unelected executive branch agency) being able to forcibly shut down the entire cruise industry in the US for over fifteen months. The no sail order created by the CDC carries with it penalties for violation, in essence it is a law. Whether an emergent matter can be stretched over such a long time…without any legislative action…is unreasonable. Individual states have since recognized this and have passed legislation curtailing unfettered executive branch power in the future. An emergency is not permanent...or seemingly so.

For the near term by sticking with CSO guidelines it absolves a great deal of potential liability if something goes wrong.  Possibly legally and possibly in the court of public opinion.  

If they deviate from CSO guidelines and something goes wrong the outcome could be very bad for them.

So I maintain my assertion the legal tennis match is a moot point for us cruisers and our likely experiences in the near term.  

Congrats to all that will be on the test cruise.  Even though I am low man on the totem pole I appreciate the fact that Royal is recognizing and offering the test cruises to their loyal most customers.  Congrats to all and thank you for helping to shape cruising for the rest of us.  

Symphony of the Seas September 25th for me

5 hours ago, Floski said:

Well, unsurprisingly, it appears that lowly gold members are not getting invites for the test cruise.

Man, I would have gone in a second.

Bot - have a great time!   Matt - enjoy your fourth cruise already!!

Even though you haven't gotten an invite yet look at the bright side these test cruises will benefit all of us because they will allow us all to get back out there on the open ocean enjoying a vacation we all disparately need. 

I'm happy for everyone who has or will get an invite for a test cruise because I'm looking forward to getting onboard Symphony of the Seas on October 30, 2021.   I'm not sure if they will allow B2B at this time but once final payment date has passed I will be looking for a 7 night November cruise out of Florida as well. In years past I've seen some good deals and great room open up after final payment day due to the fact some people made the reservation but didn't pay. Hoping to cash in this year I have a few more FCC's I can use. 

On 7/25/2021 at 8:52 AM, JeffB said:

I think you answered your own question.

Right now, the CSO is a recommendation in Florida due to the win awarded by Merryday (and subsequently denied stay for the CSO).

Could the CSO go back into effect if one of the CDC's appeals wins? Absolutely.

To that point, Michael Bayley's post that @twangster shared demonstrates cruise lines aren't going to rush a bunch of ships back in because CSO isn't a mandate anymore, only to have to take them all back if/when CSO becomes law again.

That's my understanding, anyway.