Test Cruise Invite

5 hours ago, sk8erguy1978 said:

After checking my email I now know two things.

1. Odyssey of the Seas is going to be the star of my next family vacation.
  2. I have Amazon packages arriving today.

So can we assume that you have been told not to tell us, or is it that you can't tell us that you were told not to tell us? You know what I mean?

7 hours ago, sk8erguy1978 said:

I'm not at liberty to say. ?

That what I thought you would say so now I think I know what you are saying by not saying it while telling me you cannot say it so you said it...sort of.  Oh yeah, if what you're not saying is what I think you are (or aren't), have fun, unless I'm not supposed to say that, in which case pretend I didn't.

I did receive a bunch of emails saying I won a bunch of stuff. A cruise was never included.

I called the number mentioned in one of the emails and complained about not winning a cruise.

I got another happy lottery package from the nice guy on the phone promising to win a cruise.

I did take part in another lottery from the brothers of bethel seeming very worthy of trust to me.

I did call the travel agent to complain why I was getting only lottery mails promising to win a cruise but not getting a true journey by the books.

I did have to change the travel agent after finishing the call.

3 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

I'd be curious how many volunteers they have to go through to get the volunteers.

How many simply can't go on short notice? Or never had any intention of going, but thought it'd be fun to sign up for a test cruise? Or thought it was a free 100% normal cruise and are scared away by the requirements?

Exactly what I was I was thinking, they are not giving people a lot of lead in time and with air fares being as expensive as they are even for a domestic flight, it does make you wonder how many volunteers can drop everything on short notice and make their way up to Seattle or any other port where Royal is conducting a test cruise?

I thought about signing up because I could work remotely for those few days but I never actually did sign up.

15 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

How many simply can't go on short notice? Or never had any intention of going, but thought it'd be fun to sign up for a test cruise? Or thought it was a free 100% normal cruise and are scared away by the requirements?

You're definitely right, there will be lots that drop like flies for any sort of reason.

I've pretty much decided that if this proceeds I'm not going to live blog it.  

There is too much riding on this for the cruise line.  Posting an errant photo or comment could cause the CDC to pause or fail the simulation cruise.  

Once it's known the certificate to sail has been awarded I'll consider posting about the experience, assuming I am selected to go forward.

Status Update:

2032660393_ScreenShot2021-07-22at2_09_41PM.jpg.134d58dd4cf58da7c8ae0976ec009467.jpg

Thank you for registering for the Allure of the Seas® simulation voyage. We've reserved your stateroom and reservation numbers will be provided to you once manifested. A system generated invoice will automatically be sent to the email address on record. Please proceed with making your travel arrangements*. For more information, please reference your event info document. We also ask that you acknowledge the informed consent form that will be sent to each guest, as it is required prior to confirming your reservation. We can't wait to welcome you onboard Allure of the Seas!