Price drop 7 days after purchase

Natpoo

So I purchase 2 rooms on a 4 day cruise in September a week ago and now the price has dropped over $200. I called customer service and they upgraded one of my rooms from an interior to an OV. The other room was already an OV and there was nothing else available.So I ask since there is still a price difference on the rooms if I can get a soda package for the adults or credit my gratuity. They said no. I even spoke to a supervisor and he said no. He wasn't friendly at all almost made me feel like he wasn't even listening to me. This is my first cruise with Royal . I was very polite. Was I wrong to ask?

Unfortunately, this has been their policy for quite some time now. After the final payment deadline, your only option is to upgrade, if one is available.

Royal Caribbean does have a 48-hour price protection policy, but you're beyond that at this point.

This price drop right after your purchase in very unfortunate. But, has Marc said, you are beyond the final payment deadline. 

I always book my cruise 15 to 20 months in advance and I to, have seen some minor price drop after my final payment. 

Since it's your first cruise with Royal Caribbean, I'm sure you will enjoy your cruise and hopefully forget about that price drop has soon has you take your first Lava Flow. 

You can always upgrade when a price drop occurs after final payment date.  As long as Royal remains whole in the transaction you will not get any push back.  This is also the case if say you have four people in an balcony and due to price reductions after final payment its the same price to get two ocean view cabins.  Again, as long as the price for the change is the same or more as your current fare.