3 hours on hold for Air2Sea only to have my number taken because it is "another 3 hour wait"

I am so disgusted.
I have a travel agent.
She added my son to our existing cruise and flight reservation last week  and he is not showing for me to be able to add his passport to the flight.
I was told she would look into this.
It's been 3 days- how long is reasonable to wait on something to be looked into and get an answer?
Today I spent 3 hours on hold with Air2Sea-determined to find out what is wrong as my credit card has been billed for the flight and I really need to know he is booked on the correct flights.
I can see my 3 kids on the American Airlines flight reservation (they were all booked in May) but not #4 -the one who was added last week.

Air2Sea picked up the phone at 2 hours 56 minutes to say "we understand you have been waiting 3 hours and it will take another 3 hours on hold to get through so we will take your info and have someone call you back".

Frustrating all around.

I understand your frustration.  I called them first thing Monday morning and was on hold for 1 1/2 hours.  However, I did eventually get through and resolved my questions.

Based on past experience, this is not normal.  They've always been able to pick up in less than 15 minutes. I hope they get this under control soon.

1 hour ago, Pattycruise said:

I am so disgusted.
I have a travel agent.
She added my son to our existing cruise and flight reservation last week  and he is not showing for me to be able to add his passport to the flight.
I was told she would look into this.
It's been 3 days- how long is reasonable to wait on something to be looked into and get an answer?
Today I spent 3 hours on hold with Air2Sea-determined to find out what is wrong as my credit card has been billed for the flight and I really need to know he is booked on the correct flights.
I can see my 3 kids on the American Airlines flight reservation (they were all booked in May) but not #4 -the one who was added last week.

Air2Sea picked up the phone at 2 hours 56 minutes to say "we understand you have been waiting 3 hours and it will take another 3 hours on hold to get through so we will take your info and have someone call you back".

Frustrating all around.

Same thing happened to me.  I called in the evening on Wednesday.  They said it would be over an hour's wait but I stuck it out. Then someone came on the line and took my name, reservation number and phone number and said someone would call me back within 2 hours.  Nobody ever called that night...but early on Thursday morning someone did finally call.  I was able to save $217 on our MIA-BGI flight so happy in the end.  ...but very frustrating.

Well this doesn’t sound promising. 

We are contemplating changing our flight to arrive in Nassau a day early and were going to call Air2Sea this evening to see what was available. 

I guess I’ll see if my wife can do it tomorrow since she too is working from home.  

10 minutes after I get off hold there is an email from my TA telling me my son's flight info.  
AND

His name is incorrect.....
It's funny how TA are recommended.....I"ve booked my own flights for YEARS....and never have I input bad data.
SO I guess if Air2Sea ever calls me back I can inquire as to how they can fix that.  It's also wrong on the cruise, but wrong for a different reason.
UGH

26 minutes ago, Pattycruise said:

10 minutes after I get off hold there is an email from my TA telling me my son's flight info.  
AND

His name is incorrect.....
It's funny how TA are recommended.....I"ve booked my own flights for YEARS....and never have I input bad data.
SO I guess if Air2Sea ever calls me back I can inquire as to how they can fix that.  It's also wrong on the cruise, but wrong for a different reason.
UGH

If it’s an International flight, Air2Sea has to cancel and recreate a new air reservation - no way to correct the name in the existing air Record locator.    We just experienced this recently, booking a flight to Barbados and noticed one middle name incorrect (didn’t match passport) .   Good luck!  Try to call early in morning or later in evening, 

Edited by Zurc
Added

57 minutes ago, teddy said:

Well this doesn’t sound promising. 

We are contemplating changing our flight to arrive in Nassau a day early and were going to call Air2Sea this evening to see what was available. 

I guess I’ll see if my wife can do it tomorrow since she too is working from home.  

Especially if they put you on Bahamas Air change to the day before....our experience with them same day was awful. We literally missed our entire first day, practically the last ones on the ship. Crew members waited for us and made us go straight to muster area, carry on luggage and all. We couldn't get past them until we compiled, then we sailed away. Please I don't wish for anyone to experience what we did, thank goodness it was air2sea or I would have been physically ill. Fly in the day before.

This just happened to me.  Looking to fly in to Newark a day early instead of the morning of for my cruise.  Called, was on hold for an hour forty. Woman takes my information after telling me it'll be another 3 hours.  Either they're getting unusually slammed or they need to get more bodies.

Eventually got a call back 4 and a half hours later whilst at dinner.  Sadly they were unable to help me but the guy did a lot of work to be able to try so I appreciate him trying.  He said they've been slammed hard lately and he can't keep track of how many people he helps during a shift anymore.

Seems like a lot of frustration dealing with, or even contacting, Air2Sea. Has it always been this way…or is this a result of recent developments? Is the stress and inordinate amount of time spent with them typical and is it really worth it…or is it easier to spend a little more on air travel and have more confidence in the flight you arrange yourself? Just curious.

3 hours ago, BrianB said:

Seems like a lot of frustration dealing with, or even contacting, Air2Sea. Has it always been this way…or is this a result of recent developments? Is the stress and inordinate amount of time spent with them typical and is it really worth it…or is it easier to spend a little more on air travel and have more confidence in the flight you arrange yourself? Just curious.

I was quite pleased with Air2Sea in April. I called a few times and always had customer care in minutes. While I whole heartedly don't recommend Bahamas Air that I was assigned as part of that program, I would recommend and use Air2Sea again, I would just stick to my request of traveling in the day before, I found them amazing. I hope they get their act together soon. ❤ when I booked, the flight they found me was a great deal less then if I booked on my own. 

Update:  Air2Sea called back over 4 hours later....He was unable to change the airline ticket but said they changed it for the TSA purpose so the TSA will have it correct.  My question to him, "how do I know TSA has it correct in the computer?"  I have no proof!!  So I guess we will find out when we get to the airport.  

Usually I book to go a day ahead of time so I have no stress and I do not have to use Air2Sea.  This go around Air2Sea had the best rate-I think because Royal did something to get those great prices to the Bahamas on that one flight. 

27 minutes ago, Pattycruise said:

Update:  Air2Sea called back over 4 hours later....He was unable to change the airline ticket but said they changed it for the TSA purpose so the TSA will have it correct.  My question to him, "how do I know TSA has it correct in the computer?"  I have no proof!!  So I guess we will find out when we get to the airport.  

Usually I book to go a day ahead of time so I have no stress and I do not have to use Air2Sea.  This go around Air2Sea had the best rate-I think because Royal did something to get those great prices to the Bahamas on that one flight. 

Hi Patty,

I am not sure why your TA didn't call and fix it, but I hope you can use a different agent next time. This shouldn't happen. Yes mistakes happen but we also should fix it.

38 minutes ago, Pattycruise said:

@Pattycruise When I had the problem with a middle name not matching passport, I called American Airlines.  (This was about 3 weeks ago). AA advised it had to match, and to go back to Air2Sea to create a new reservation (International tickets can’t be modified).   I called Air2Sea and the first rep said, don’t worry it won’t be a problem, repeatedly.   I hung up, called back and got a 2nd rep who insisted it was a problem, and apologized for the bad info the first rep provided.   He said the passenger would be unable to board the plane with incorrect name.   He canceled and rebooked quickly, insuring the names were correct.   If I were you, I’d call Air2Sea  again.  

1 hour ago, smokeybandit said:

It's worth noting that RC doesn't publicize the Air2Sea website anymore. So anyone who doesn't know any better is going to be calling instead of browsing flights online.

Not sure why Royal has set it up this way.  It's very easy to view and price flights on Celebrity's website.