July 18th injunction

I do not believe it would be prudent for RC to "open up everything" immediately on July 18th. With the appeal, if that is upheld it would take quite a bit to overturn that at a higher level. Also the "Health Emergency" declaration my expire before the appeal is even heard and if that happens the CSO is negated. All that said, it is quite a job getting crews back onboard, trained and schedules set up for cruises to restart so I believe Mr Fain's words that they would be taking it slow and easy to avoid any hiccups.

49 minutes ago, luvstodans said:

Has anyone heard if more of the royal fleet will be activated following July 18 injunction and if so will Tampa come back into play for the Brilliance? Hoping for October cruising from Tampa on Royal Caribbean ?

Royal already has their plans in place for ships coming back online over the next several months. Nothing is going to change that as crew training, supply chains and itineraries all need to be put in place.

As someone who is a master Scheduler by profession I have been watching with fascination at how quickly Royal has been able to get ships back online. I know to most the restart seems glacially slow but with the amount of detail need to start (restart) each single ship into operation it is incredibly impressive at what they have been able to do. 

I would expect that at best we might see some changes in things that we've been hinted about changes coming from the CDC, such as reduced masking requirements for vaccinated people in areas mixed with unvaccinated people.

It may be interesting to see technically if test cruises that haven't yet happened for ships out of Florida ports would happen, since the lack of an enforceable CSO may mean there's no authority for the CDC to even participate in a test sailing.

Other than maybe a few protocol changes, I don't expect much when July 18th rolls around. Fain said restart will be slow and methodical, therefore I expect a few more cancellations. I think they are only going this fast because RCG wanted that summer money, its a popping season for them. I expect maybe 5-6 more ships to be up and running by thanksgiving. I personally think they would rather get the ships sailing now up in capacity before adding on more debts.

Without any court mandated action, I think the CDC would extend the CSO rather then letting it expire. Again. They’re like a clinging ex who just can’t let go… “I will not be ignored!” 
Let the cruise lines operate. They have the incentive to be as safe and healthy as possible. Any hiccup would be grabbed by the hysterical agenda-driven press like a starving dog on a bone…or a least a cute kitten to a laser pointer…sensationalized and exaggerated by pontificating talking heads, and condemned by politicians looking for momentary relevance. Covid, and all it’s future variants (Alpha through Omega) will be here throughout the fall, winter and beyond. Virtually everything else is open…it’s time to treat cruising equally.