Rome

ClockingOut

I am going on a cruise out of Rome next May. We will be flying in a few days early to explore the city. Has anyone else some something similar? If so, how did you get to the airport? We were hoping there would be a RC excursion that would take us to the port. If anyone has any insight or advice, that would be greatly appreciated! 

There's a local train that runs from the airport to the city transport hub.   There's also a different train that runs from that hub to Civitavecchia  (port city).   There are cabs, shuttles, as well as private conveyance.   My only quandaries about the public methods are pop-up transit strikes that can last from a few hours to a couple of days.   Using cruise line transit options can mitigate risk of those unforeseen events if you're on a strict schedule.  If you have slack in your timeline, take the public means. 

On 7/17/2021 at 12:24 PM, Jill said:

Are you on Facebook? There are several really good groups for Rome, Civitavecchia etc. Let me know if you are and I’ll post them here. All kinds of recommendations for tours, transportation, hotels, restaurants etc. 

I am on Facebook. That would be much appreciated if you could post some of the groups. Thank you!

So... for those of us who left Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc and won't go back if you pay us to....

Are there any other such groups elsewhere, or at least some reasonably up-to-date web sites I can look at? I'll be on an Athens-to-Rome sailing in July/Aug next year, and we want to spend the night in Rome so we have a day or day and a half to explore the main sights at our leisure before flying home the next day. My mom still has friends who live there, but I'd prefer not to hammer them with a million questions unless I'm out of options.

On 7/19/2021 at 4:59 PM, JLMoran said:

So... for those of us who left Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc and won't go back if you pay us to....

Are there any other such groups elsewhere, or at least some reasonably up-to-date web sites I can look at? I'll be on an Athens-to-Rome sailing in July/Aug next year, and we want to spend the night in Rome so we have a day or day and a half to explore the main sights at our leisure before flying home the next day. My mom still has friends who live there, but I'd prefer not to hammer them with a million questions unless I'm out of options.

We may be doing opposite itineraries. Once we have plans more set in stone, I would be more than happy to share what we did and hotels we liked. Ours is Rome to Athens May/June so it may be a little too close in terms of hotels but leisure things to do, I would gladly share what we do.

On 7/19/2021 at 4:59 PM, JLMoran said:

I really only use Facebook for the cruise groups and cancer groups. I don’t do a whole lot with the “social” part of it. It really is great for groups. Just stay off your newsfeed lol