Will Bayonne NJ and The Oasis be a "go or no go" in September?

Other than a planned Test Cruise by the Oasis beginning August 22nd does anyone have any solid knowledge if Port Liberty is getting prepared for this to take place for the September 5th seven night cruise to Port Canaveral, Co-Co Cay and Nassau? Very little has been mentioned about New Jersey while more emphasis is on Florida and Galveston starts. (incidentally, nothing wrong with that)  RCCL has been staying with the "let's continue to wait and see" approach in hopes of the CDC giving them the okay to start cruises on the Oasis for a couple of months until the Anthem returns.

I know that the city of Bayonne (according to the mayor and the city’s office of emergency management) and the Port Authority of NY/NJ (the operators of the port) are prepared for sailings to commence from Port Liberty. Just waiting to see if Royal gets the clearance from the CDC to sail. I’m booked on two back to backs on Oasis…Sept and Oct…and so far all four sailings are pending. So it’s a wait and see. Keep our fingers crossed!

I'm... a little confused. I thought Royal had said that sailings out of non-FL ports were going to be fully vaccinated (and therefore not require any test sailings)? Did I misunderstand that, or did something change, or is this because it's stopping in Port Canaveral and ends up subject to the FL law indirectly?

10 minutes ago, JLMoran said:

I'm... a little confused. I thought Royal had said that sailings out of non-FL ports were going to be fully vaccinated (and therefore not require any test sailings)? Did I misunderstand that, or did something change, or is this because it's stopping in Port Canaveral and ends up subject to the FL law indirectly?

They are going vaccinated required for eligible passengers.  They have maintained they are a family cruiseline and don't want to limit the age of children onboard with a mandatory vaccination rule.  CDC requires a test cruise if you can't  guarantee 95% vaccinated.

10 minutes ago, JLMoran said:

Fully adult vaccinated still doesn't mean test cruises aren't required.  It comes down to if they believe they can have 95% of guests vaccinated routinely, and they believe they have enough under 12 year olds that they couldn't reasonably meet the 95% on a consistent basis.  Thats why they are test cruising in Galveston and Seattle, where they are requiring vaccines for guests of eligible age.  

1 hour ago, FManke said:

@DW drummeroff the subject, love the moniker. My kid has a DW kit and loves it. He said when he was looking for a new kit, "If it's good enough for Neil Peart, it's good enough for me. "

Happy drumming and Happy Cruising!

OFF TOPIC....FManke Thanks for the kind words on DW drums. I play professionally, DW has been my 1st choice for many years along with Zildjian cymbals that I'm fortunate to have them hand picked directly from where they're manufactured. Prior to that I was a Pearl Drums endorsee having helped to get that status by Louis Bellson a very popular Big Band Jazz drummer from the 50's- early 90's. Neil Peart was another drumming wonders for his set up and music.