Oasis - Entertainment

Pam13

Hi all, wondering if anyone knows what's going to be the mainliner entertainment for Oasis.  I am on a Jan 1 sailing with my sister and we are hoping it's not Cats - I believe that what was playing before the shut-down - probably the only show that neither of us want to see. Any hints??

Pam

Apparently it is a major effort to change the main theater shows. This is normally done while upgrading during a dry dock, so this only happens every for or five years. Since no upgrading was done during the shutdown, I am thinking that all ships will have the same main show after shutdown as it had before. If I am incorrect, I am sure that I will be corrected.

2 hours ago, Pam13 said:

Hi all, wondering if anyone knows what's going to be the mainliner entertainment for Oasis.  I am on a Jan 1 sailing with my sister and we are hoping it's not Cats - I believe that what was playing before the shut-down - probably the only show that neither of us want to see. Any hints??

Pam

Unfortunately it is still cats but fortunately the other shows on Oasis more than make up for it. Be sure to catch their original productions including aqua and ice shows!

8 minutes ago, Pam13 said:

LOL well if life were perfect what would we have to complain about? Really, first world problem right? I am blessed to be cruising. Besides, at least I don't have to BE in Cats....(forgive me if you are). 

Maybe if it were called Dogs.....

The first  cruise on Oasis I did not like Cats.   Then we decided to sit like in 2nd row, center.  You could see their facial expressions and costumes very close.  After that I really enjoy Cats.  In fact last time on Oasis we saw it 2 times.  We go on Oasis B2B in December.   But the 80's Aqua show is the best Aqua show they have, in my opinion.  Love the music.  The best Ice Show I think is Symphony, where they used drones.

But I mostly like all the shows, and the whole cruise experience.  Can't wait for my trip in September.  Been too long.

As a cat lady even I have never enjoyed Cats, I mean the idea is cute but......also very creepy. Funny story, at least to me,when we were on Mariner Mamma Mia 2 was on TV literally every time I changed clothes. Although I never watched from start to finish, I somehow saw it all. But its the Broadway-style show on Allure and I cannot wait to see it.

I've watched Cats! from the upper balcony but will be front and center during my next Oasis cruise (and I'm more of a dog person).

8 hours ago, Ampurp85 said:

But its the Broadway-style show on Allure and I cannot wait to see it.

I was on Allure just before the shut down.  I'm not a Broadway show fanatic but Mamma Mia! on Allure was really good.  I thoroughly enjoyed it and would watch it again.

25 minutes ago, twangster said:

I've watched Cats! from the upper balcony but will be front and center during my next Oasis cruise (and I'm more of a dog person).

I was on Allure just before the shut down.  I'm not a Broadway show fanatic but Mamma Mia! on Allure was really good.  I thoroughly enjoyed it and would watch it again.

My wife saw the movie and is a huge fan. I did not see the movie but am looking forward to seeing Mamma Mia on Allure next month. I do have to confess that I do like ABBA music