RoyalUp Minimum bids from Grand Suite?

Hi everyone, 

I'll be sailing in Jan 2022, 4D3N on Quantum of the Seas and was wondering if anyone knew what are the minimum bids from a Grand Suite 1 Bedroom to the other suites? (i.e., Grand suite 2 BR, Owner's suite, Sky Loft, Grand Loft, Owner's Loft and Royal Loft) (not sure if I misspelled any of the suite categories but basically anything higher than a GS)

It's roughly 6 months to sailing but I'm just REALLY excited because my May 2021 sailing got cancelled due to Covid and I'll be celebrating my graduation this time around. 

Another thing...after reading about all the wonderful reviews about Star Class, I'M SOLD. It sounds like a great experience but a grad school pay doesn't cover much. Was hoping to "save" some moolah through a RoyalUp (since we're currently in sky class) but I'm not sure how much to bid for. 

Thanks in advance! 

The minimum bids will vary per sailing, assuming you can even bid on those types in the first place and depending on the type of cabin... it may not even be a STAR class, but SKY class instead.

SEA:

Junior Suite with Large Balcony
Junior Suite

SKY:

Sky Loft Suite
Spacious Aqua Theater Suite – 1 Bedroom
AquaTheater Suite – 1 Bedroom
Crown Loft Suite
Owner’s Suite – 1 Bedroom
Grand Suite – 2 Bedrooms
Grand Suite with Large Balcony – 1Bedroom
Grand Suite – 1 Bedroom
Golden Balcony
Golden Junior Suite

STAR:

Ultimate Family Suite
Royal Loft Suite
Villa Suite – 4 Bedrooms
Owner’s Loft Suite
Grand Loft Suite
Owner’s Panoramic Suite – 1 Bedroom
Grand Panoramic Suite – 1 Bedroom
Ultimate Panoramic Suite
Star Loft Suite
Spacious AquaTheater Suite with Large Balcony – 2 Bedrooms
AquaTheater Suite with LargeBalcony – 2 Bedrooms

Oh I see. Thanks for listing out the rooms for the various classes! Hope I do get to bid for SC! 

Anyway, I was looking up on the minimum bids and in case anyone is interested, Milelion shed some light on this in his blog - https://milelion.com/2021/01/16/cruise-to-nowhere-a-first-timers-booking-guide/

For some context, the numbers are based on an upgrade from a Grand Suite - 1 Bedroom on a 5D4N sailing on Quantum of the Seas in 2021. 

1037536829_Screenshot2021-07-19at5_06_15AM.thumb.png.602ed321a962009d6f7971ee833bf831.png

Even if all SC cabins are sold out, you will still get the option to bid for an upgrade, in case anyone canceled at the last minute, or unfortunately got a positive covid result. 

Of course, the chances of it is quite slim. I would suggest looking how much a straight upgrade would be and decide from there is you’re really keen on star class. 

Sometimes, it’s only a few hundred more than what you would have bid, especially since it’s still some time to your sailing

Hahaha, @LogicallyLazy thanks for replying to me on this post as well.

Based on current prices, the upgrade would cost an additional SGD 2.6K. Pretty hefty (as least for me) for something that is entirely a want and not a need. But to be honest, prices for this sailing are pretty low compared to the rest, hence the temptation. 

Actually, I'm not sure how the price differs from pre-covid times. That is, if the current prices are a steal. Does anyone know how much a GLS cost pre-covid? 

41 minutes ago, oldsoul said:

Hahaha, @LogicallyLazy thanks for replying to me on this post as well.

Based on current prices, the upgrade would cost an additional SGD 2.6K. Pretty hefty (as least for me) for something that is entirely a want and not a need. But to be honest, prices for this sailing are pretty low compared to the rest, hence the temptation. 

Actually, I'm not sure how the price differs from pre-covid times. That is, if the current prices are a steal. Does anyone know how much a GLS cost pre-covid? 

Yeah 2.6k is quite a lot. For the most part, other than a few things and the genie itself, most of the Star class perks can be technically purchased. 

On 7/18/2021 at 10:03 PM, oldsoul said:

Oh I see. Thanks for listing out the rooms for the various classes! Hope I do get to bid for SC! 

Anyway, I was looking up on the minimum bids and in case anyone is interested, Milelion shed some light on this in his blog - https://milelion.com/2021/01/16/cruise-to-nowhere-a-first-timers-booking-guide/

For some context, the numbers are based on an upgrade from a Grand Suite - 1 Bedroom on a 5D4N sailing on Quantum of the Seas in 2021. 

1037536829_Screenshot2021-07-19at5_06_15AM.thumb.png.602ed321a962009d6f7971ee833bf831.png

Thank you! This is super helpful!