"Important information needed before you sail"

So I am going out on the 31st on the Odyssey, and this was our third one I just filled out. When I called up RCL, they stated just keep on filling them out... it doesn't hurt. However it concerns be a bit, like they never got our vaccinated status in the first place.

19 minutes ago, SmoothJ24 said:

So I am going out on the 31st on the Odyssey, and this was our third one I just filled out. When I called up RCL, they stated just keep on filling them out... it doesn't hurt. However it concerns be a bit, like they never got our vaccinated status in the first place.

Two words.  Royal IT.  

Enough said.

As far as i can tell filling out the form didn't seem to accomplish much of anything (but i would keep filling them out to be safe).

We have three vax, one non in our party .. filled out the form that way but it didnt seem to change/expedite anything in the process.

Check in was a manual paper review for each of us.

Royal needs to know what they are facing for each sailing.  Unvaccinated will have testing done at the terminal upon check in.  Do they need 1 tester with a handful of tests on a mobile cart or 100 testers ready to process 800 unvaccinated with a lot of space in waiting areas to keep everyone separated until results are in?

It's possible if one sailing was 98% unvaccinated they might even decide to cancel it.  I don't know that's the case but there are many decisions they need to make based on survey results.  

The trends they document over time will help with capacity decisions going forward.  

I don't think the survey will yield a faster check in time or quicker boarding for vaccinated.  

Hunch is this form will only be for Florida sailings.

Sailings from Galveston and Seattle are "proof of vaccination is required" embarkation ports. As such it should be a given if 16+ (July) or 12+ (August and beyond) will be vaccinated. Anyone under the age point would be unvaccinated. Royal would also know of anyone that has requested an exemption.