Grand Cayman and Jamaica

• 2 months later...

Our October 31st cruise finally announced that our Cayman Island and Jamaica stops were replaced with Roatan and Cost Maya but the Cruise Planner has not been updated. On my wife's FB group they said it has typically taken two weeks for the website to update. Only problem is we had some great prices on those stops and now if we cannot reserve until one to two weeks out we will definitely not get good pricing. Oh well, at least we will be sailing.

On 7/15/2021 at 12:25 AM, ChrisK2793 said:

I hope they’ll replace it with Bonaire

We were in Bonaire a few years ago on the Serenade. Bonaire will not allow any of the large cruise ships in port as the port is very small. And I don't think they will allow large cruise ships to anchor and shuttle passengers in because they consider their coastline to be a marine sanctuary. They are VERY serious about their coast. Once you have been their and snorkeled/scuba you can understand why. 😎

3 hours ago, melmar02 said:

Last week we got notice from our TA that our Feb '22 replaced Jamaica and Grand Cayman with Costa Maya and Belize. Cozumel stayed. 

Sorry, I know this is the wrong thread....but I have been thinking about you and your pool project.  Would you please post an update and let us see the final product ??  I want to see some splashing and noodle-floating !  

😊

4 hours ago, Jim D said:

A lot of what I’m hearing is from the summer. Has anyone been on a cruise recently where they opened back up grand cayman.  If they haven’t what change did they make.  

Grand Cayman is still closed to cruise ships. Right now they aren't set to open until the end of January 2022.

7 hours ago, melmar02 said:

Grand Cayman is still closed to cruise ships. Right now they aren't set to open until the end of January 2022.

Then do you know why it is still listed on not just my itinerary but almost all western Caribbean sailings in November and December?

I would love to hear who’s cruises are being cancelled to grand cayman in November and December 2021 for grand cayman.  I only want to know because as a gay man depending on where the change the destination to. I have real concerns about what countries those get changed to because some of those countries being gay is punishable by law and gay people are sometimes kidnapped, stones, raped or even killed.  

We don't have knowledge on when or where changes will be made. In fact even some of the people at royal don't know. It seems they wait till about 30 days before to release change info. To find out where likely changes will be to look at other port itinerary that is similar length to yours and if it shares one stop that is known to be open with your currently scheduled route the odds are good it will be switched to that one instead. 

I'm a bit surprised to see people with Feb/March/April itineraries have received updates that their Grand Cayman stop has been changed.

Our January 29th sailing on Odyssey still lists Grand Cayman as our port of call for January 31st and excursions are available for purchase in our cruise planner.

GrandCayman.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

So I guess it does look like Grand Cayman is closed to cruise ships for all of January. We were due to visit on January 31st and I just got word that those plans have changed. Not sure if those plans would be different if we were stopping there in February (literally the NEXT day).

Looks like we'll try to take advantage of the low amount of people onboard that day to do some of the things Odyssey has! 

image.png.3332e04488d200a181c35da7866ad205.png

26 minutes ago, SPS said:

So I guess it does look like Grand Cayman is closed to cruise ships for all of January. We were due to visit on January 31st and I just got word that those plans have changed. Not sure if those plans would be different if we were stopping there in February (literally the NEXT day).

Looks like we'll try to take advantage of the low amount of people onboard that day to do some of the things Odyssey has! 

What a GREAT itinerary !  I don't know what your original itin was but I sure wouldn't lose any sleep over missing GC !

17 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

What a GREAT itinerary !  I don't know what your original itin was but I sure wouldn't lose any sleep over missing GC !

Original itinerary was a sea day followed by Grand Cayman then on to Aruba/Curacao. (Sea/GC/Sea/Aruba/Curacao/2-Sea)

Now we have Nassau followed by an additional sea day on the way to Aruba/Curacao. (Nassau/2-Sea/Aruba/Curacao/2-Sea)

HOWEVER, the cruise planner has GC replaced by Falmouth, Jamaica,but the "Falmouth" excursions are actually Grand Cayman excursions! 😆 (Not very hopeful that we will get Jamaica instead of Nassau)

image.png.6c3893e4da7958169aa5391bfe21b923.png

but my cruise planner still shows

Day 2 | Cruising
Day 3 | George Town, Grand Cayman
Day 3 | Falmouth, Jamaica
Day 4 | Cruising
Day 5 | Willemstad, Curacao
Day 6 | Oranjestad, Aruba
Day 7 | Cruising
Day 8 | Cruising

but
you go in and hit shore execrations - under GC it shows a lot of one to pick from
then when you highlight to  see what to do in Falmouth it show GC ones ??🤨

4 hours ago, SPS said:

We also just got an e-mail this afternoon for our 2/12/22 sailing... The Cruise Planner was a little wacky last week and added Falmouth, Jamaica... would have preferred Jamaica or CocoCay over Nassau for sure. 

5 hours ago, SPS said:

I'm on this sailing, too - I wasn't planning on getting off the ship in either GC or Jamaica, so it's all good with me.  Maybe I'll hit Blue Lagoon on Sunday. I like it there.

On 10/11/2021 at 11:06 AM, SPS said:

I'm a bit surprised to see people with Feb/March/April itineraries have received updates that their Grand Cayman stop has been changed.

Our January 29th sailing on Odyssey still lists Grand Cayman as our port of call for January 31st and excursions are available for purchase in our cruise planner.

My cruise is over Christmas. We were scheduled for Labadee. We did get an updated port until two weeks ago. There was no rush in a) getting the update b) getting the excursions in to the cruise planner. That updated on Monday.