First Royal Caribbean Ship You Went On

Monarch of the Seas — when on our honeymoon back in ‘93, we were docked next to her.  We were aboard NCL Seaward.  Monarch was so huge in comparison, and just looked utterly amazing.  We decided someday we would sail on her.  By the time we did, she was no longer queen of the seas, but one of the older, smaller vessels doing 3/4 night runs to Tijuana out of LA.  But, we loved of every minute of our time aboard, and are so glad we were able to make that promise come true.  She was a beautiful ship

Voyager of the Seas in 2000.   It was the mega ship at the time.  We took our 3 teenage daughters and had a great time.  Took a Carnival cruise after that because we wanted to do the Panama Canal.  Been all RC since then.  We have 2 cruises in 2022  with the Harmony in April and another family cruise with the Mariner in July.  Would like the try Celebrity.

20 hours ago, Pooch said:

Nordic Empress 2002. New York to Bermuda!  2 nights Kings Wharf, 2 nights Hamilton.

Same, except 2003 and I am pretty sure ours was 7 nights.  This was back when Royal was still cruising out of the west side.  I remember sitting in the windjammer and trying to catch glimpses of the Intrepid.

1 hour ago, Crown&AnchorEsq said:

Same, except 2003 and I am pretty sure ours was 7 nights.  This was back when Royal was still cruising out of the west side.  I remember sitting in the windjammer and trying to catch glimpses of the Intrepid.

Ours was 7 nights too, 2 /12 sea days, 3 1/2 days in Bermuda.

First cruise was on Voyager of the Seas in Oct 2001 and if I remember correctly, Jeffrey Arpin was the cruise director. 

We were completely blown away by the whole experience and immediately booked the same ship for the same itinerary (eastern Caribbean) for the following year !

We have now completed a total of 33 cruises (31 on RCCL) and never looked back. 

15 hours ago, DTMCD said:

Anthem out of New York last year - my first ever cruise! Literally the week before Covid took over the world. Boarded the ship 7th of March, got engaged on board and now my next Cruise will be my honeymoon in August'22 - cannot wait! 

I Love, Love , Love this story! My story is similar bit not all on Royal, yet cruising nonetheless. My wife and I had our first overnight date on a short 3 day cruise that she arranged as a birthday gift to me. Three years later I proposed on a cruise, in Cozumel at the Mayan temple of marriage (long story but the excursion desk helped make it happen) because she is Hispanic and her ancestry (according to her dna) is Mayan. We were married on a cruise with 100 of our friends and family also on the cruise. Next month, on our anniversary, we will be in Cozumel, this time on adventure of the seas. I believe for the remainder of our time on this planet we will be forever tied to cruising. Your story is so similar to ours that I think you will see cruises as a component of your marriage. We are in in our early 50's now but we both see cruises as not just fun but a romantic reminder of our bond,  I hope for you that every cruise from here on out will be your honeymoon all over again, I know it is ours.

On 7/15/2021 at 3:56 PM, ronpes said:

First cruise was on Voyager of the Seas in Oct 2001 and if I remember correctly, Jeffrey Arpin was the cruise director. 

We were completely blown away by the whole experience and immediately booked the same ship for the same itinerary (eastern Caribbean) for the following year !

We have now completed a total of 33 cruises (31 on RCCL) and never looked back. 

^GOALS!!!!

Radiance of the Seas (JAN 2006) ... 25th Wedding Anniversary.  Great ship to start, many memories, but two stand out:

1).  We flew in the day of the cruise (please don't judge ... we were rookies with a sub-par travel agent).  Flight was delayed out of Canada (who knew that snow could delay flights).  With no breakfast and no lunch we made the ship just before the muster drill.  All venues were closed, so no food was available.  One time events for:

• HUNGER: Only once and never since ... we were ridiculously hungry on a ship.  Post Muster Drill we ate 3 meals in less than 15 minutes.
  • SAME DAY FLIGHT: Only once and never since .. we have ALWAYS flown in the day before our cruises since that first cruise ... 25 and counting.

2).  Our first date was at a restaurant in Montreal called Portofino (a long, long time ago).  We were surprised, touched and impressed that Royal Caribbean would name a restaurant on the ship just for us.  We ate there on our anniversary, and every cruise after that until they retired the name.

We sail on Radiance again in SEP 2022, and can't wait.

Stay Safe, Stay Apart, Stay Connected,

Curt from Canada

Our first cruise (and first RC cruise) was on Oasis. We kind of got spoiled a bit with that I think. We took another cruise the next year on the Independence and it was a fine trip, but at this point, I don't think I would sail anything other than Oasis class or Quantum class unless I had to for the itinerary.

Our first RCCL cruise was supposed to be on Oasis on Christmas Eve 2017 to celebrate my grandfather’s 99th birthday. However, I tested positive for the flu 3 days before the cruise. Thank goodness for travel insurance!!! The rest of the extended family sailed and had a great cruise. My family rescheduled for the following June on Allure and were joined by my sister and her family. We had a blast. We have been cruising and planning cruises ever since. Love RCCL