Least favorite ports?

In all honesty any Caribbean port for me. When  I sail in the US, none of the ports are the drawing point; these ports are nothing but pushy vendors and beach stuff. I actually loath beach stuff, even in Chicago I can do beach stuff, not that I would go out of my way to. Pushy vendors are everywhere but some ports like Luxor,anything Greek or European, etc have wonderful excursions. 

To all those who say Nassau, I highly, highly recommend the Pearl Island excursion. We actually preferred it to Coco Cay. Peal island is a beautiful, tiny private island with a great little beach and very few people. It was our favourite part of the entire cruise ?

My answer to the question is Port Canaveral because I just don't know what to do there. Any Suggestions would be welcome. 

43 minutes ago, Danielle OG said:

My answer to the question is Port Canaveral because I just don't know what to do there. Any Suggestions would be welcome. 

An airboat ride on the St. John's River or a visit to Kennedy Space Center are both good!

Definitely the disembarkation port. Any other port is great, including Nassau. ?

One of our favorite cruises was when our itinerary was changed a couple of months before sailing, to a "Nassau Only" cruise. They had to do some work on the Liberty's engines or something. It was one of my favorite cruises because we got a hefty discount!

If they offered cruises to nowhere from Galveston, I would be all over that. 

Antigua - It's a beach port, and for as much as I like cruising, I'm not a "sit on the beach" person

Falmouth, Jamaica - Not a bad port, per se, but shore excursions seem to be hours away. We just go get a couple bags of coffee beans and get back on the ship

Belize - This one I'd mark with an asterisk, since the last time we were there basically none of the shore excursions were available to our then 5 yr old. We'll be back next year with a 10 yr old, so it'll probably come off the list

During  the cruise I would have to say Honduras, the last time we didn't even bother getting off the ship because the time before we were nearly robbed in Honduras.

My second least favorite port is disembarkation because it means my cruise is over and its back to reality.  Even after being on a cruise B2B for 14 days I still hate disembarkation day.

• 1 year later...
On 7/14/2021 at 8:54 AM, PG Cruiser said:

EDIT:  If ever I got off the ship, it was only to get some Conch Fritters by the port.

Sorry to bring up an old thread. Do you have any recommendations on where to get some conch fritters in Nassau. I haven't been off the ship in Nassau since before COVID.