Removed from RCG

9 minutes ago, twangster said:

I'm not sure I agree with this.  Vaccines are great but not 100%.  If I'm crew and told to go sanitize a room for a guest that has tested positive I'm putting on a bio suit.

There's no need to sanitize a room. Even the CDC has said surface contamination isn't a concern. Just let the room sit for an hour and let the HVAC do its job.

9 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

There's no need to sanitize a room. Even the CDC has said surface contamination isn't a concern. Just let the room sit for an hour and let the HVAC do its job.

It wouldn’t hurt to add a layer of protection to the other “imperfect” measures.

It would also enable Royal to assure the next guests that the room was completely sanitized.

On 7/14/2021 at 6:20 AM, smokeybandit said:

It’s true the data indicates surface transmission is not the issue as we first feared at the beginning.  But, even before covid, I definitely preferred my cabin to be sanitized between passengers.  And whether you think the hazmat suit is theater, that’s your call, but the crew actually in the situation may feel differently.  

1) Had she cooperated and taken the 2nd test, she MIGHT have been able to stay on-board.

2) She K-N-E-W what the bracelets were for and that she did not qualify to have one. Her friend was vaccinated and got a wristband and likely in some confusion (new processes, remember) she was likely given one (can't speculate why or how). Could her friend, theoretically, given her the bracelet? Who knows... Either way she K-N-E-W she shouldn't have had the bracelet and should have had her card punched. But, she didn't do the right thing and explain the mistake and get it resolved. Personal responsibility  seems to have gone away in spades in the last year, look at the problems on airlines recently.

This is a perfect example of "Always do the right thing even when no one is looking". Maybe it's just me, but if I see a store make a mistake and forget an item on my receipt, I will actually take time and go back and get it fixed and pay what I owe. I see a shopping cart half-way across a parking lot, I return it. All inconvenient for me, but I try do my part to help make this world a better place. This story is the opposite of that. 

I believe in karma, so I return things that are left and always make sure my ducks are in a row. I am also deathly afraid of going to jail....I could not live like that.

As a kind, human being as soon as I boarded I would have gone to guest services or maybe even called another crew member to help this one get it right.  I have since read that she claims they both were unvax, so RCG messed up big.

51 minutes ago, Ampurp85 said:

I have since read that she claims they both were unvax, so RCG messed up big.

Maybe they did, maybe there is more to how they ended up with bracelets.  

It's an unfair situation.  Royal can't tell their side.  All we have is the account of a nut job.  I am not assuming her claim that they "accidently" were given bracelets as factual.  

I have learned over time that there is always more to the story.  Newspaper articles today claim the passenger in question had and recovered from COVID19. Statistically, that would make her much less likely to test positive than a fully vaccinated person. Since that claim could easily be verified, is there a greater propensity for a false positive with onboard testing? While her approach isn't impressing most observers, one must wonder if she has a bit of a point in her argument, and is there a possibility of this happening more often?

1 hour ago, Ogilthorpe said:

I have learned over time that there is always more to the story.  Newspaper articles today claim the passenger in question had and recovered from COVID19. Statistically, that would make her much less likely to test positive than a fully vaccinated person. Since that claim could easily be verified, is there a greater propensity for a false positive with onboard testing? While her approach isn't impressing most observers, one must wonder if she has a bit of a point in her argument, and is there a possibility of this happening more often?

We were told at the hospital that after a positive test do not let anyone test you for 3 months because it has a good chance of being positive and freaking people out. The virus is dead and not contagious but the result gets everyone is a huff...so maybe this is possible...

But for me her actions and freak out makes me have no sympathy regardless.  Lol

On 7/13/2021 at 10:52 PM, Ray said:

her lawsuit against RC is probably being prepared right now!

I looked at her post on FB where she posted her video(totally not surprised that her FB is not set to private), and she stated that she was having trouble finding a lawyer to take the case (insert shocked face here).  She might have had a better chance of getting someone to represent her if she hadn't splashed the situation all over social media.  I do think that RC should have done a 2nd test on her, but knowing that all cruise lines are trying to figure out this new 'normal', she should have done a better job of communicating with the staff instead of talking (yelling) at them.

Lady is batsh*t crazy, there are just crazy people in this world. A sane person would have begged for another test and behaved properly. Crazy people think they can scam, they usually also want their 15 min of fame.

Also if you love cruising, you wouldn't do anything to jeopardize your cruising situation. I shall be on Allure not taking drinks out of the suite lounge, living my best life on Indy and doing everything on Mariner I didn't do the first time around.

3 hours ago, BeachGal said:

I looked at her post on FB where she posted her video(totally not surprised that her FB is not set to private), and she stated that she was having trouble finding a lawyer to take the case (insert shocked face here).  She might have had a better chance of getting someone to represent her if she hadn't splashed the situation all over social media.  I do think that RC should have done a 2nd test on her, but knowing that all cruise lines are trying to figure out this new 'normal', she should have done a better job of communicating with the staff instead of talking (yelling) at them.

They offered her to take second test she refused unless she can supervise the lab during the process... I guess that's actually Alo e will prevent from anyone to take her case

15 hours ago, Marlena said:

We were told at the hospital that after a positive test do not let anyone test you for 3 months because it has a good chance of being positive and freaking people out. The virus is dead and not contagious but the result gets everyone is a huff...so maybe this is possible...

But for me her actions and freak out makes me have no sympathy regardless.  Lol

If not mistaken, didn't she mention that she tested negative before actually beginning the cruise?  Isn't that the protocol now for all unvaccinated passengers?  And RC did want to do a 2nd test (the PCR) and she blatantly refused.  

Her biggest mistake was accepting the purple band and trying to get away with it!  And I totally do not believe her when she says she asked (a few times) if unvaccinated people get bands...

On 7/14/2021 at 9:07 AM, CruiseDiva said:

I was on the boat for this incident and now some things make sense.  Our cabin was on the 8th deck as well.  The elevator wouldn't stop on the 8th deck and when we went via the stairs the door to the staterooms was closed.  We opened the door to find crew members on the inside who allowed us to go to our room in the aft section of the boat.  When we left the room we went to the hallway and were stopped by crew in the hazmat suits informing us to go around.  They were doing crew drills during the day so were weren't sure what was going on.  

Did everyone have to quarantine in their cabins? This “rumor” is floating around a Facebook group. 

You can tell the person has an agenda; research the person and look at other videos/social media they have posted in the past. If their post history hadn't been anti-mask, anti-vaccine, basically a covid-denier, then she would have some credibility. This is how I check reddit users (are you a bot or not?) and even people on this forum and others. Is there a consistency to "their reaction" or is it very outside the norm. Usually pretty easy to determine....

This sounds like a case of "freedom to make choices, but not freedom from the consequences of those choices" when the outcome was exactly what was expected in the scenarios outlined by users on here and Cruise Critic if a non-vaccinated guest tests positive. Her reaction was NOT appropriate. Also, one can also infer that the cruise line isn't trying to be POLITICAL, they are TRYING TO MAKE MONEY. They have no incentive to kick her off...start with that mindset and things seem a lot clearer.... 

On 7/15/2021 at 4:44 PM, twangster said:

Maybe they did, maybe there is more to how they ended up with bracelets.  

It's an unfair situation.  Royal can't tell their side.  All we have is the account of a nut job.  I am not assuming her claim that they "accidently" were given bracelets as factual.  

That would kinda like accidentally using someone else's cruise card that you "found" on your table.