For those who have sailed w/ young kids

To anyone who has sailed freedom these last couple weeks with young children (both younger then 10), what’s the best estimate for boarding time? We have 2 appointments scheduled for their testing and a boarding time of 1:30pm. What time based on experience do you think we will be actually walking on the ship? 

On Adventure, it took a maximum of 20-30 mins for test results to come back.

Make sure you do as much of the check-in as you can via the app before the cruise. So complete online check-in, answer the health questionaire 24 hours before check-in, take photos, etc.

@tonyfsu21 if you have time, go through these videos by an RC Blog Insider, Shannon Ford.  She sailed FR with her little boy July 2, and she vlogged the entire trip.  It was really informative, especially if you are travelling with little ones.  I just linked the first video, but she has a whole series (14-15) of them that she vlogged over the 3 days.  You can find them on her channel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCKukdWYHew

7 hours ago, tonyfsu21 said:

To anyone who has sailed freedom these last couple weeks with young children (both younger then 10), what’s the best estimate for boarding time? We have 2 appointments scheduled for their testing and a boarding time of 1:30pm. What time based on experience do you think we will be actually walking on the ship? 

Our experience in Adventure was about 15 minutes. Was barely long enough to finish our checkin (partial check-in as you’re really not all the way checked in till the test comes back.) We only sat in the waiting pen for about five minutes. 

I was on the Freedom the 5-9th and my son's testing was a debacle, I hope yours goes smoother!  If you arrive at your time and no hiccups happen it should be fairly quick.  Our experience was a little different.  We went to the testing line (after pre-registering for the test when the initial email came) we were told they couldn't find it in the system and to go back to the previous station.  Once there, they started to input the info when the other station came back saying they had found it.  We went back.  Once we got the paperwork we went to the testing station.  The tester verified the birthday, which was wrong so we had to go back.  Once it was fixed we went back to the testing station and the tester said it was the wrong paper so we started to go back.  The supervisor said to go ahead and do the test and the correct paper was coming.  I will say the test itself was quick and painless, a couple swirls around the nostrils (not to your brain like others). My son didn't seem to mind it at all. We were then sent upstairs to wait.  We were told it would be 40 minutes.  Once upstairs we had to wait for an email with results.  After almost an hour I checked with the person at the desk.  She checked and said that the test was invalid and was being run again.  We waited an additional close to an hour and I checked with her again.  She said it was negative and it should be sent in a few minutes.  We finally got it and were able to board.  We were determined to have a good time despite that.  Good luck and have a great time!