Volunteers of the Seas

Just popped up on my FB feed:

"Royal Caribbean Crown & Anchor Society

13 m  · 

The time is here! ? After receiving an incredible 350,000+ responses last year from people interested in becoming Royal Caribbean’s Volunteers of the Seas, this week we’ll be randomly selecting and extending invites to registered Volunteers to participate in upcoming simulation cruises.
To recognize our valued Crown & Anchor Society members, all members receive extra entries that will increase your chances to score a spot onboard. The higher the tiers, the more entries you receive. Thank you for your continued support this past year and always.
If you applied, stay tuned to your email for news in the coming days and follow the conversation on Volunteers of the Seas. Good luck and we hope to welcome you aboard very soon!
If you haven't registered yet, please do so at: https://bit.ly/VolunteersoftheSeas.
The link to register closes tonight, July 13, 2021, at 11:59 PM EST."

1 hour ago, smokeybandit said:

I'm actually very shocked they're doing this, especially since after next week they won't even need to do test cruises.

That only applies to Florida ports. They need volunteers for Texas

2 hours ago, FionaMG said:

To recognize our valued Crown & Anchor Society members, all members receive extra entries that will increase your chances to score a spot onboard. The higher the tiers, the more entries you receive.

Will this be like Diamond drinks, 4 entires for Diamond, 5 for Diamond plus and 6 for Pinnacle?

19 minutes ago, AlmondFarmer said:

Will this be like Diamond drinks, 4 entires for Diamond, 5 for Diamond plus and 6 for Pinnacle?

Haha your guess is as good as mine. 

It would interesting to hear if any regular posters on here do actually get picked. 

3 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

With actual cruises running now, what's the appeal of a test cruise with all those strict rules?  Just the fact it's "free?"

It may have been more appealing when it was the only option. But now?

I am genuinely interested in helping the cruise lines succeed.  Even to the point I would wear a mask on a test cruise. 

It's only 2 days (most of them in FL anyways) and it's not a cruise I'm paying for.  I don't want to wear a mask on a cruise vacation I'm paying for that is 5 or more days, I've already posted to that effect.  For a short test cruise that helps the industry?  I'll gladly mask up and do my part.   

There is also a part of me that believes the CDC introduced test cruises to create a roadblock that cruise lines would have a hard time overcoming.  It would be incredibly satisfying knowing I helped the cruise lines get past the CDC malarkey.