Finding Available Rooms

Buzzard05

I see several posts regarding finding rooms that become available and I was wondering how you do that on the RC site?  

I can go through the process and make a "fake" reservation and get their list of suggested rooms, and used their search to manually search specific rooms....but is there an easier way to see all of the rooms that are currently available? 

I even called yesterday to change rooms (that showed up as suggestions during my fake reservation)...but even then, I had to walk the guy through which rooms were available to me (I would have thought he would have had access to a master list, but it seemed like he was having to manually search rooms as well).

Thanks

Thanks.  Between the UK site and the regular site, I was able to find what I was looking for.  Interesting enough, rooms that you can manually search for on the regular site that come up as available, don't always show on the UK site.

I'm going to take a look at that last site mentioned as well.

Thanks for all the help.

Has anyone ever heard of a travel agency buying up rooms to then book their customers on? For example, if all the suites are sold out on a certain cruise, is there a chance that a certain agency is holding them?

TAs do grab rooms for groups. MEI does that for our group cruises, but RC can rescind any unsold rooms back to the "pool" at anytime.

I've used this website: book.bestpricecruises.com

I also use BPC for research purposes.

Pull up the cruise you are interested in. Select the category you are interested in and it will list all available cabins. Click on the magnifying glass next to any cabin number and it will pull up the entire deck plan for the corresponding cabin. Every available cabin will have a blinking light.

I also use BPC for research purposes.

Pull up the cruise you are interested in. Select the category you are interested in and it will list all available cabins. Click on the magnifying glass next to any cabin number and it will pull up the entire deck plan for the corresponding cabin. Every available cabin will have a blinking light.

Have you booked with BPC? They have really good prices and I wonder if they're good, or legit.

Thanks.

Have you booked with BPC? They have really good prices and I wonder if they're good, or legit.

Thanks.

I did once, but Royal cancelled the cruise due to a charter. My experience with BPC was good, but I have read several reviews that are not very positive. I have used CruCon for many years and have enjoyed excellent service and great booking perks. Not fan of their website. 

I can say that based on my recent experience with MEI they will receive the opportunity to earn my business again. They were very patient with me during my struggle to commit to the Freedom group cruise. I am happy that I drank from the Matt/MEI Kool-Aid. LoL 

I did once, but Royal cancelled the cruise due to a charter. My experience with BPC was good, but I have read several reviews that are not very positive. I have used CruCon for many years and have enjoyed excellent service and great booking perks. Not fan of their website.

I can say that based on my recent experience with MEI they will receive the opportunity to earn my business again. They were very patient with me during my struggle to commit to the Freedom group cruise. I am happy that I drank from the Matt/MEI Kool-Aid. LoL

I concur regarding MEI.

I can say that based on my recent experience with MEI they will receive the opportunity to earn my business again. They were very patient with me during my struggle to commit to the Freedom group cruise. I am happy that I drank from the Matt/MEI Kool-Aid. LoL 

Thank you for supporting our sponsor, which in turn, supports the blog directly.

I just saw this thread and was checking out BPC on-line. If I used them to book the same cruise I've already booked directly with RCCL the price comes out $393 cheaper ($54 less pp, plus no additional $98 for a mid-ship room plus they pay the $189 gratuities) . However the RCCL price included $100 OBC but, even by forfeiting that, I would still be $293 ahead. I have yet to find out about their cancellation policies but now I'm wondering whether this is something I should jump on. I think it would negate me being able to see if RCCL drops the price significantly before the final payment is due. This is for an Oct 2017 sail date on Harmony of the seas, ocean balcony room. 

I wonder if I should gamble on the company being legitimate and also on the fact that RCCL won't drop the fare price by more than the current savings in the next year. Hmmmmmm!!!