Air 2 Sea and Flying in a Day Early

57 minutes ago, melmar02 said:

How does Air 2 Sea work if you plan to fly in a day early? We have a pre-cruise land package - do we have to find our own way to the hotel? Is there any other detail that we need to be aware of?

Paging @CGTLH. I am trying to remember what we did here.  I remember that the land tour picked us up at the airport.  We didn't use Air2Sea, though.  I know we flew and I feel like we didn't do anything immediate that first day..but it was so long ago and everything runs together now. ?

36 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

Paging @CGTLH. I am trying to remember what we did here.  I remember that the land tour picked us up at the airport.  We didn't use Air2Sea, though.  I know we flew and I feel like we didn't do anything immediate that first day..but it was so long ago and everything runs together now. ?

In our case we flew in on what was classified as Day 1. All that we did was get picked up at the airport then a general orientation and check-in to the hotel. Rest of the day was self exploration/shop for provisions. Think an excursion or two was offered that night as well.

Don't think it mattered not using Air2Sea, I think they has a bus run after each batch of flights had arrived. I recall waiting around the airport for awhile.

Copy of the Day 1, 2, and 3 agendas.

20180319195636-bf3b56c4-me.jpg

12 hours ago, CGTLH said:

In our case we flew in on what was classified as Day 1. All that we did was get picked up at the airport then a general orientation and check-in to the hotel. Rest of the day was self exploration/shop for provisions. Think an excursion or two was offered that night as well.

Don't think it mattered not using Air2Sea, I think they has a bus run after each batch of flights had arrived. I recall waiting around the airport for awhile.

Copy of the Day 1, 2, and 3 agendas.

20180319195636-bf3b56c4-me.jpg

So y’all flew in on Day 1? We’ve got the land tour booked and I was going to fly in the day before the land tour. We’re coming from Florida. May need to rethink that plan. I’ve got hotel already booked for that night but it’d save a little money if we just flew in on Day 1. 

9 minutes ago, Jill said:

So y’all flew in on Day 1? We’ve got the land tour booked and I was going to fly in the day before the land tour. We’re coming from Florida. May need to rethink that plan. I’ve got hotel already booked for that night but it’d save a little money if we just flew in on Day 1. 

Correct, also flew in from Florida. MCO-ATL-SEA-FAI, very long day of traveling taking into account the time zone changes. Flight took off from MCO at 5:30am and arrived in FAI at 4:27pm, keep in mind Alaska is 4 hours behind Eastern time.

MCO-ATL, 5:30am-6:55am

ATL-SEA, 8:15am-10:30am

SEA-FAI, 1:45pm-4:27pm

Did splurge on the fights and booked first class. Was lucky the ATL-SEA leg was on a Delta 767 with near lay flat seats, had a great chance to snooze a bit. SEA-FAI leg was on Alaskan Airlines and flying first gave access to their lounge during the layover. Only worry was luggage making all the transfers, nothing was lost/delayed.