When to book flights?

CFL

1 hour ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

If you book through Air2Sea, the flights are refundable up until final payment (for your cruise) so if they price drops, you can re-price your flight.  It's a no-brainer.  Book it as soon as fares are released and watch prices.

Thanks! I just booked our flights on Air2Sea so we're all set! 

6 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

If you book through Air2Sea, the flights are refundable up until final payment (for your cruise) so if they price drops, you can re-price your flight.  It's a no-brainer.  Book it as soon as fares are released and watch prices.

How do you go about repricing Air2Sea flights? Do I just call Royal if I see a lower price or do I have to somehow cancel and rebook? I just made my first booking for a San Juan cruise next year. 

15 minutes ago, DDaley said:

How do you go about repricing Air2Sea flights? Do I just call Royal if I see a lower price or do I have to somehow cancel and rebook? I just made my first booking for a San Juan cruise next year. 

You can check Air2Sea rates after you book. If the price drops, just call Air2Sea back and get the new price.

30 minutes ago, DDaley said:

I track it pretty much the same way I track my cabin prices. I only book Delta, so each day or two, I check on my Delta app if the price has changed and if it did, I just call Air2Sea directly, not Royal. If the price has dropped on Delta direct, it’s dropped each time on Air2Sea as well. It’s easy. I’ve done it several times now.

22 hours ago, CFL said:

I've never had to book flights for a cruise before. We would be flying from Orlando to Seattle in May 2022 for an Alaskan cruise.  When would be a good time to book these flights? 

Our next cruise is in May 2022. We booked flights about a week ago. Glad to hear you're all set as well! I'll bet you feel better knowing they're booked ?!

2 hours ago, 14Terry said:

Our next cruise is in May 2022. We booked flights about a week ago. Glad to hear you're all set as well! I'll bet you feel better knowing they're booked ?!

Yes... so relieved to have it booked!

20 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

I track it pretty much the same way I track my cabin prices. I only book Delta, so each day or two, I check on my Delta app if the price has changed and if it did, I just call Air2Sea directly, not Royal. If the price has dropped on Delta direct, it’s dropped each time on Air2Sea as well. It’s easy. I’ve done it several times now.

@Lovetocruise2002do you still get sky miles thru Delta when booking Air2Sea?

1 hour ago, MicDay said:

@Lovetocruise2002do you still get sky miles thru Delta when booking Air2Sea?

I sure hope so!  They asked for my sky miles number when booking and after I booked, my tickets appeared on my Delta app.  I'm not taking that flight until December so I won't know for certain until then but all signs point to yes.

Maybe @twangsterknows.  He is a frequent Delta flyer too.

16 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

I sure hope so!  They asked for my sky miles number when booking and after I booked, my tickets appeared on my Delta app.  I'm not taking that flight until December so I won't know for certain until then but all signs point to yes.

Maybe @twangsterknows.  He is a frequent Delta flyer too.

I'll answer with an absolutely positive... MAYBE.  

Delta has fare classes that don't qualify for miles.  Most air carrier do.  My experience has been that A2S flights on Delta worked no different compared to booking direct with Delta.  I even got upgraded on some flights and my free checked luggage worked normally.  However I know that Delta has wholesale arrangements that don't get all the normal things and it's entirely possible at some point A2S might book one of those some day.  It all depends.

I don't want to suggest just because my flights earned miles that will absolutely always be the case.

@Lovetocruise2002 @twangster thank you both. 

We fly Delta or Southwest for vacations.  Currently my husband has to fly American for work.

Like staying loyal to RC I'd like to stay loyal to an airline to benefit from the miles.

Our sailing to Alaska next month we are flying Delta and I plan on using them for our next two cruises.