Dining on Mariner

Hi everyone, 

Does anyone have any dining recommendations on a five night voyage? I believe that in addition to the staples, WJ, and MDR the Mariner offers Chops, Izumi, Jamie's, Playmakers, Bamboo Room and Doghouse. 

Where should we eat when?

Any places you would avoid or prioritize?

Is it best to eat breakfast and lunch in the wing jammer?

Trying to figure out dining packages still...

Open to any tips, too! 

I did the Mariner, had lunch at Jamie's and thought it was garbage.... but ymmv. Chops is chops so that a good choice for dinner or a really heavy lunch. I enjoyed Playmaker's but I love bar style foods. I don't eat seafood, so I have stayed away from Izumi, I am sure plenty of people would recommend it though.

My thoughts are if it is a full-ish ship avoid the Windjammer for lunch, it was a flustercluck. MDR is good for 1 or 2 nights.....or if you want a leisurely breakfast. If it is your first cruise, I say 3 nights of specialty dining so you can at least try the free options. If you have cruised before than UDP would be better, but only if you are into that sort of thing ?

Glad I'm not the only one who hated Jamie's on Mariner.  It was my first premium dining experience and its enough to make me not want to do premium dining again.  MDR and Windjammer were both good for what they were, though the later was prone to being crowded, at least pre covid.

I didn't have a dining plan when I went on Mariner 2019. We got Jamie's on a lunch special, Chops's on a dinner special and did Playmakers a la cart. Playmakers was easily the better deal. A pitcher of beer, wings and a burger to split and it was a decent price. I am back on Mariner Jan 2022 and Playmakers is the only specialty dining I plan to have.